"This is virtual reality!" Top 5 Page for this destination Arcata by jgemini65

Arcata Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 45 photos

The Marsh!

The Arcata Marsh is a place I visit at least 5 times a week! A beautiful bayside water reclaimation project recognized world wide as a benefit to the environment! Also, the site for great bird-watching! Arcata is located on the western fly-way! The Marsh also offers about 5 miles of great trails for walking!

An alternate reality!

I have lived in Arcata for nearly 12 years. And I am ready to get out of here! It is really a community of misfits and confusion. You tend to get stuck here and forget about the rest of the planet! Thank god I know there is life after Humboldt county!

Kinetic 2002

This is a shot from last years Kinetic Sculpture race! The 2003 race is coming up on Memorial weekend! There is always a few stand out creations! Can't wait to see what marvels will appear this year!

• Pros:Be what you want to be!
  • Cons:Have to let everyone be what they want to be too!
  • In a nutshell:A different reality!
  • Last visit to Arcata: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated May 19, 2003

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Sounds like a great place for birdwatchers and cyclists, and redwood fans. I've heard of Reggae On The River, but never knew exactly where it was.

• pipster's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2008 at 6:38 PM

this page is fantastic..great information!

• MinervaGrumble's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2005 at 10:55 AM

So did you ever get out of Arcata? I live in the land of conformity and long to live in the land of misfits! Looks beautiful...

• shellybelly567's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2004 at 2:09 PM

a town of misfits...I ws only there once, but kind of got that idea too...kind of reminds me of Eugene

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2003 at 11:15 AM

nice small spot in california....

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2003 at 10:21 AM

Nice little isolated town you live in! Must be nice to be in the middle of redwood forests! Great page!

• TedRico's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2003 at 11:55 PM

I left Arcata in 1975 after graduating from Humboldt. I did a riparian study to satisfy my senior project requirements. Do you still live in Arcata? Great information & pictures Jessica!

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2003 at 8:57 AM

I will be here in Sept and staying in Trinidad in a cabin. This is just the info I am looking for. Thanks for your picts and help.

• Jun 10, 2003 at 8:17 PM

Excellant page...Beautiful phtographs ..wealth of information and lots of relevant information...Happy birthday

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2003 at 6:57 AM

The kinetic parade -- that rocks!

jgemini65

“live the life you`ve imagined...and never settle for second best!”

Badges & Stats in Arcata