"Talenquera Beach Resort" Juan Dolio by bellagio

Juan Dolio Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 77 photos

I spent two weeks at this resort in January / February 2003 and I am sad to say this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The grounds of the hotel were, in my opinion, covered by far too much vegetation. The rooms smelt dank and musty and were not cleaned properly. The food was often only luke warm. The beach was narrow and had far too many trees on it plus the majority of the sunbeds were past their sell by date.
The property was purchased around the year 2000 by the Barcelo chain of hotels, who also own both properties on either side of the Talenquera. The hotel needs closing down for around six months or so and undergoing a complete refurbishment. I know it is only rated a 3 star, but I, and plenty of others who visited at the same time, would struggle to rate it a 2 star.
However do please read my travelogues and make up your own mind. I have also included travelogues on the neighbouring 5 star Capella Beach Resort

• Last visit to Juan Dolio: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2003

• AlwaysATourist's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2006 at 4:55 PM

Hi, I just vacationed at the Talanquera and found it fair/good-- truly a 3 star. My room was very clean-- and smelled clean. Food was OK. The beach was great. It seems to have improved from your last vist, thankfully! Be well, Bellagio.

bellagio

“You only live once”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Juan Dolio

Have you been to Juan Dolio?

Latest Activity in Juan Dolio