"Chamonix" Chamonix-Mont-Blanc by shannsow
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Guide: 321 reviews and 678 photos
Chamonix is a popular winter sports resort town in France. As the highest European mountain west of Russia, Mont Blanc holds a special allure for mountain climbers, and Mark Twight described the town as "the death-sport capital of the world" because it is a base for almost all types of outdoor activity, especially their more extreme variants, such as ice climbing, rock climbing, extreme skiing, paragliding, rafting, and canyoning.
Chamonix has one of the highest cable cars in the world, which links the town to the summit of the Aiguille du Midi . more travel advice
shannsow's Related Pages
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Climbing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Skiing"
- "Summertime in Chamonix"
- "Chamonix-Mt Blanc"
- "in the shadow of mont blanc."
- "Mont Blanc and the French Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Hotels in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Transportation in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Nightlife in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Restaurants in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Shopping in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Warnings and Dangers in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- 4 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
Photos in Chamonix-Mont-BlancSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos
- Penang Intro, 13 reviews, 63 photos
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Penyu Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos
- Sapi Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos
- Lausanne Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Le Grau-du-Roi Intro, 1 review, 33 photos, 5 travelogues