"Key West-First port of our Cruise" Key West by Marilu33
Key West Travel Guide: 2,042 reviews and 4,038 photos
Although we weren't so interested in touristy attractions and shopping, we couldn't help but be charmed by the colorful surroundings we found ourselves in when we were dropped off at Mallory Square by the cruise ship shuttle. Before heading for our neighborhood rambles to Fort Zachary Taylor State park, we stopped to browse a little at the colorful carts and stalls, choosing a few things to commemorate our time here. We soon spotted a mother hen and her chicks scratching for bugs who were then chased off by a brightly plumed rooster.
Some of our group split off to go to the shipwreck museum, which they weren't too impressed with. They went on to browse and shop and ended up on a wonderful free tour of the Curry Mansion Inn.
The three of us, when we returned to Mallory Square before going back to the ship, were looking for lunch, but ended up just having chocolate dipped frozen key lime pie instead...Wow. That was heaven on a stick!
My sister-in-law saw this one, had to take a photo, but no, none of us went in to see if the sign was serious... more travel advice
Although I didn't personally get to see the Curry Mansion Inn, several in our group did, and had nothing but good to say... more travel advice
Marilu33's Related Pages
Key West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Parents of a "Conch""
- "key west florida"
- "Where others have failed, Key West SECEDED"
- "Key West, Florida"
- "Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
- "On the road to Key West & Fantasy Fest 2006"
- "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key West
- Hotels in Key West
- Transportation in Key West
- Nightlife in Key West
- Restaurants in Key West
- Shopping in Key West
- Warnings and Dangers in Key West
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Key West
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Key West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key West
- Posted in Travel Grand Bahama Island Forum "Re: Beaches near to Lucayan..."
- Uploaded a Video to Key West
- Wrote a Review Bars for all kinds of people... about Hangouts and Bars in Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bars for all kinds of people..."
- created a Key West Travel Page "Key West-First port of our Cruise"
Videos in Key WestSee All Videos (2)
Top 5 Pages
- Nassau Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Charleston Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Key West Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Bar Harbor Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Mary Hill Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos