"Blumenau, Downtown look like a Fairytale" Blumenau by zampieri
Blumenau Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 9 photos
A piece of Germany is around in the Vale do Itajai. The legacy of immigrants is everywhere: half-timbered architecture of good food, which is typical dish like stuffed duck. Not to mention a passion for beer and the profile of the residents.
Walking is the best way to appreciate the beautiful buildings of Blumenau. Spread across the same street - the traditional XV November - works help tell the saga of the colonizers. To not miss any postcard, it's worth making a roteirinho that begins at the railroad bridge and ends at Colonial Family Museum.
Along the way, the attention the town hall, the Teatro Carlos Gomes, the Cathedral of St. Paul the Apostle - with a huge stone tower and beautiful stained glass windows - the Castelinho Tourism, the Cultural Foundation and the Museum of Brewing Blumenau.
Besides hosting the historic buildings, Rua XV de Novembro is also the center of attention during Oktoberfest, the second largest beer festival in the world. It is there that the place lively and traditional parades, with attraction ranging from bands and floats to the typical fanfare that distribute free beer.
At night, the party moves to the German Village Park, where more than 600 thousand people
spread of three pavilions in search of cold beer, German cuisine - especially the pork chop (kassler), the pork knuckle (eisben) and sausages - and lots of fun. The "off-season carnival" lasts 17 days, all very crowded - not to be left out of the revelry is advisable to book accommodation in advance.
Speaking of beer, one of the best artisan brands in the country is produced in Blumenau. The Eisenbahn is served during Oktoberfest and also in the bar of the factory, one of the points of the city. By then, the experience is requested menu options from start to finish - there are small samples for visitors to taste each product.
- Pros:Heritage, Colonization
- In a nutshell:German Brazil
zampieri's Related Pages
Blumenau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blumenau, Downtown look like a Fairytale"
- "Blumenau, a piece of Germany in Brazil"
- "the younger, newer, Oktoberfest"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Blumenau
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Blumenau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blumenau
- Posted in Travel Monte Gordo Forum "Re: How to get to Spain from..."
- updated a Blumenau Travel Page "Blumenau, Downtown look like a Fairytale"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Blumenau, Downtown look like a Fairytale"
- Commented on one of zampieri's Blumenau tips
- Wrote a Review Brazilian Germany in Blumenau Things to Do
Photos in BlumenauSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Tacloban Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ciudad del Este Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Olhão Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palompon Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bento Gonçalves Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manila Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Porto Alegre Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos