"Exploring one of the Akha Villages in Muang Sing" Muang Sing by kharmencita
Muang Sing Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 50 photos
My first encounter with a Native in the middle of the forest of Muang Sing was one of my most amazing experiences during my visit in Laos. This is one of my unique pictures i was able to capture with a real native Laos woman carrying her two balanced Buckets which are being tied up hanging at both ends of a Bamboo piece of stick. This is one way of demonstrating how they carry on their Goods on the way.
While this Akha woman with a child at this crooked house is keeping her hanged clothings in order by folding them together. The small son is shown very close besides her giving us a sign of closeness and attachement of strong family ties which is a very positive characteristic for these groups of tribes.
The way to Akha village was not an easy task to reach by foot without a pair of very good comfortable shoes. Look at this picture and you´ll find the answer why? It was very uncomfortable and for sure the way is muddy and sticky to walk when it rains. We were just very lucky that it was dry and moist to pass through this forest area. My boyfriend at a distant documenting thru pictures how the way looked like. That was a pure adventure for both of us.
- Pros:I am proud to be able to witness by myself the original Akha Tribe of Laos.
- Cons:Sorry to say that they are one of the endangered groups of people
- In a nutshell:This was one of my amazing Muang Sing experience!
*Visit the Tribal Museum of Muang Sing Unknowingly, My guesthouse was just few meters across the opposite side of the... more travel advice
kharmencita's Related Pages
Muang Sing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Singing in Muang Singh"
- "Muang Sing - Chinese border"
- "Exploring one of the Akha Villages in Muang Sing"
- "Muang Sing"
- "opium & tribes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Muang Sing
- Hotels in Muang Sing
- Transportation in Muang Sing
- Shopping in Muang Sing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muang Sing
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Muang Sing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muang Sing
- Posted in Travel El Nido Forum "Re: Weather in El Nido during..."
- Commented on one of kharmencita's Muang Sing tips
- Wrote a Review Visit the Tribal Museum in Muang Sing in Muang Sing Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit the Tribal Museum in Muang Sing"
- updated a Muang Sing Travel Page "Exploring one of the Akha Villages in Muang Sing"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belogradchik Intro, 14 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gabrovo Intro, 13 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 12 reviews, 62 photos
- Pagadian City Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philippines Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sardegna Intro, 4 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- Lakewood Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos