"Exploring one of the Akha Villages in Muang Sing" Muang Sing by kharmencita

Muang Sing Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 50 photos

My first encounter with a Native in the middle of the forest of Muang Sing was one of my most amazing experiences during my visit in Laos. This is one of my unique pictures i was able to capture with a real native Laos woman carrying her two balanced Buckets which are being tied up hanging at both ends of a Bamboo piece of stick. This is one way of demonstrating how they carry on their Goods on the way.

While this Akha woman with a child at this crooked house is keeping her hanged clothings in order by folding them together. The small son is shown very close besides her giving us a sign of closeness and attachement of strong family ties which is a very positive characteristic for these groups of tribes.

The way to Akha village was not an easy task to reach by foot without a pair of very good comfortable shoes. Look at this picture and you´ll find the answer why? It was very uncomfortable and for sure the way is muddy and sticky to walk when it rains. We were just very lucky that it was dry and moist to pass through this forest area. My boyfriend at a distant documenting thru pictures how the way looked like. That was a pure adventure for both of us.

• Pros:I am proud to be able to witness by myself the original Akha Tribe of Laos.
  • Cons:Sorry to say that they are one of the endangered groups of people
  • In a nutshell:This was one of my amazing Muang Sing experience!
  • Intro Updated Feb 11, 2013

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2013 at 3:45 AM

and where did you stay in MS, we stayed next to the Chinese border at Adima, great place. I found the accommodation in MS terrible.

• kharmencita's Profile Photo
      Feb 25, 2013 at 3:53 AM

You know where we stayed? just a few meters on the other side of the Museum where you have your picture too! Ha ha ha!. To tell you i even didn´t exactly knew that that was a Museum! Even my hotel I didn´t knew what´s the name because generally i don´t give a damn taking pictures of my hotels, guest houses or whatever where i stayed in. Maybe you know the guest house? It can only be accidental situations whnén i took pictures of them! But one picture i took of my terrible bathroom and from the balcony of my guesthouse i took the picture of the museum. I´ll show the pictures soon here.

• davidjo's Profile Photo
      Feb 25, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Yes we stayed one night in town but it was 500m after the museum

kharmencita

“Travelling is an equalizer.”

Badges & Stats in Muang Sing

Have you been to Muang Sing?