"Finding a GURU in Khajuraho" Khajuraho by kharmencita

Khajuraho Travel Guide: 261 reviews and 795 photos

They call him Babaji

I promised to myself if ever i come to visit India i want to meet an old wise man...a GURU. I travelled with a group of Tourists all coming from Germany. They find it weird that I was so much interested to find a Guru. For once in my life too curious to know how he lives, what he does what he imparts, his teachings and know more or less about him. I have too much respect about these holy people especially when they live in simple, modest and honored way of life.

It was not too easy for me to find one.
With a bit innocent, i asked people everywhere, but nobody gave me an answer until the group made a noontime break in a small restaurant in Khajuraho. Here I asked a young lady if she knows a Guru. She answered me that a young man sitting in one corner is one oh his Students. Oh, i didnĀ“t hesitate to approach and asked him in English. If he can bring me to him bec. i wanted to meet him . He said he lives far away from the center of the town. He lives in a forest. The distance didnt matter to me. But before i decided to go with him I hired one young man in our tourists group if he liked to go with me as a Bodyguard of course with payment. He agreed. Beforehand, I bought and brought with me some Tetrapacked orange juices, some sweets and bread for the Guru as present. We marched in the forest and I was very excited.

• Intro Updated Jul 16, 2012

Comments

kharmencita

“Travelling is an equalizer.”

Badges & Stats in Khajuraho

Have you been to Khajuraho?

Latest Activity in Khajuraho