"The Hills Above My Home" Chatsworth by BorderHopper

Chatsworth Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 12 photos

The San Fernando Valley, my home for 28 years, is ringed by a string of mountains. I grew up only miles away from Chatsworth which is located in the far north west corner of the San Fernando Valley. You may have seen this place and not even have realized it. Many of the old Hollywood Western films depicting cowboys & Indians shooting it out in the rugged hills of the American West were actually filmed right here in my own backyard some 50 years ago. John Wayne even filmed some westerns here in Chatsworth. It's hard to believe that its the middle of winter here in Chatworth but these hills aren't covered with snow because we're still in sunny LA. I decided to take a hike around the boulder strewn hillsides to see what suprises lay in my own backyard. The pictures aren't that inspiring, and some may find them boring, but if you ever find yourself in this area go out and take a hike....the Spainards did some several hundred years ago. Ok, its TRAVELOUGE time!!

• Intro Updated Apr 3, 2004

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 6:20 PM

Wow! I remember that view in the first pic... My son & I used to go there often, only I told him we were mountain climbing, instead of hiking up the hills. :-) I have videos, but no pics. Thanks. ~Elaine~

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2003 at 12:53 PM

I couldn't wait to go there with you. see you home=))) xoxoxoxx

BorderHopper

“"travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness.”

Badges & Stats in Chatsworth

Have you been to Chatsworth?

Latest Activity in Chatsworth