"SueRivet's new Woodstock Page" Woodstock by SueRivet
Woodstock Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
So you want to get off the beaten path?
Spring is a terrific time to visit Woodstock, and the north-east corner of the state. Everything is just starting to green, and the fields of corn are still flat, so you can see everything.
This part of CT is being touted as "The Quiet Corner"; and so it is. Except for the Woodstock Fair which occurs over Labor Day weekend, there really isn't much going on here. It's a rural area, and most local folks like it that way. Find somewhere to park the car, get out, and start walking. (Just don't forget where you left the car!) There are lots of trails, or you can just walk along the historic route of 169 or 171. There are quite a few Bed and Breakfasts around, if you want to make a weekend of it, or even a week.
OK, some of you would go stir-crazy in a week, but never fear! You are only an hour or so by car from Boston, Hartford, or Providence. (I don't think you'll find any kind of public transportation to get you there.)
House on a town green in West Woodstock.
SueRivet's Related Pages
Woodstock Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Woodstock
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Woodstock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woodstock
Top 10 Pages
- Burma Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 9 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Pawtucket Intro, 11 reviews, 5 photos
- Nantucket Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Spain Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Jordan Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos