"A Girl and her dog....traveling New England" PupDawg's Profile
Every day (off) is an adventure!
Dog friendly trips around New England with the "Baxter Parade".
Baxter is a handicapped dog that was born in Puerto Rico, his "breed" is called sato or mixed breed street dog - and he leads the "Baxter Parade" by taking his humans friends on exciting adventures. He loves nothing more than a road trip, whether it be to the local beach, a hike through the woods or a historical point of interest. We have been going on day trips throughout New England and making memories.
Even if you do not have a dog, you will want to check out these spots to make your own memories.
Dogs are not welcome everywhere - this can be frustrating as we want to take them with us when we travel. But there are places that may allow your dog to visit if you ask, so please be a good "dog friendly" ambassador so those places will rethink allowing dogs in the future.
A few things to consider when visiting indoor and outdoor places with your dog -
- Bathroom Etiquette - Carry waste bags and baby wipes to clean up accidents. If you are indoors, ask the staff for cleaning supplies if your dog has an accident and you don't have anything to clean it up with. Be considerate and take your waste bags with you to toss outdoors when ever possible. In outdoor settings, make sure you pick up - even when you are off the beaten path.
- Noise Control - Occasional barking at a bird flying by in the woods is one thing, but constant barking ruins both indoor and outdoor experiences for others. If your dog does not like other dogs, an event where there will be many dogs is probably not the best place to visit.
- Greeting Others - You love your dog and know they would never harm anyone, but others may be afraid. Keep your dog by your side when you are in public, and allow them to politely greet other dogs and people only after the other person agrees. Dogs that jump or enthusiastically greet others may be overwhelming, especially to children.
- Leashes, Muzzles and Local Law - Please obey the local laws. Leashes are required almost everywhere. You may think your dog "needs" to be off leash, but think of the alternative - if local laws are not adhered to, it may mean no dogs allowed in the future! Some cities require a muzzle for certain breeds, while this may not be fair, it again beats the alternative of banning a certain breed entirely. Try to not take the local dog laws personally and be grateful you are able to have your dog with you.
We have taken Baxter to many places that are not necessarily "dog friendly" but find asking permission and leaving places exactly as we found them have enabled us to visit a lot of special places and hopefully pave the way for others to visit with their well behaved dogs too. We think of it as being a responsible canine citizen!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 28 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
updated their Profile Page "A Girl and her dog....traveling New England"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Girl and her dog....traveling New England"
- Wrote a Review We all scream for...cupcakes! in Somerville Restaurants
- created a Waltham Travel Page "The Watch City"
- Commented on rudysmom626's profile page
- Posted in Travel Boston Forum "Re: Dropkick Murphys on St.Paddys..."
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Waltham Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Maine Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vermont Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Shelburne Falls Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Newburyport Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Plymouth Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Newton Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Greenfield Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Revere 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos