"New York City" New York City by Benson35

New York City Travel Guide: 15,726 reviews and 31,518 photos

Ask the taxi driver

After arriving at JFK with my sister, we got a taxi to our hotel and decided to quiz the driver on the journey. He was really friendly and helpful. We asked him about the tourist attractions, places to eat/drink, if public transport was good, where I could shop, what his recommendations were and if there was anything we needed to know such as the smoking laws and jay-walking.
I always try to have a chat with my taxi driver when I in a place or country or state I don't know. These people live and work there day in, day out. Who better knows the place?

My eyes popped out!!

The skyscrapers are breath-taking and some of the buildings are inspiring.
We did a lot of exploring on foot and I remember saying to my sister to hold onto me as I wanted to look at the buildings while walking!! They are magnificent structures and some have wonderful carvings and fancy facades.

We did a few tours in our time here. Read about what we did in the tips and reviews connected to this page.

Dense population

New York is a major city. There are thousands of people living in Manhatten, but there are also thousands of people who work in Manhatten that do not live there. This creates a need to watch where you're walking! I founder 'New Yorkers' quite rude and to have no manners. But this is not a type-cast of ALL 'New Yorkers'. Equally, this is only my opinion. This did not spoil my time here in anyway. I put it down to everybody needing to be somewhere with no time to spare!

Like every city, watch out for pick-pocketers and con-artists. Keeps you wits about you and don't put on your 'holiday head'!!

• Pros:Skyscrapers, shopping, unique buildings, so much to do
  • Cons:Very busy and hetic city
  • In a nutshell:An experience not to forget!
  • Last visit to New York City: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Feb 6, 2012

Benson35

“Decide, explore, have fun, love”

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?

Latest Activity in New York City