"New York City" New York City by Benson35
New York City Travel Guide: 15,934 reviews and 32,106 photos
After arriving at JFK with my sister, we got a taxi to our hotel and decided to quiz the driver on the journey. He was really friendly and helpful. We asked him about the tourist attractions, places to eat/drink, if public transport was good, where I could shop, what his recommendations were and if there was anything we needed to know such as the smoking laws and jay-walking.
I always try to have a chat with my taxi driver when I in a place or country or state I don't know. These people live and work there day in, day out. Who better knows the place?
The skyscrapers are breath-taking and some of the buildings are inspiring.
We did a lot of exploring on foot and I remember saying to my sister to hold onto me as I wanted to look at the buildings while walking!! They are magnificent structures and some have wonderful carvings and fancy facades.
We did a few tours in our time here. Read about what we did in the tips and reviews connected to this page.
New York is a major city. There are thousands of people living in Manhatten, but there are also thousands of people who work in Manhatten that do not live there. This creates a need to watch where you're walking! I founder 'New Yorkers' quite rude and to have no manners. But this is not a type-cast of ALL 'New Yorkers'. Equally, this is only my opinion. This did not spoil my time here in anyway. I put it down to everybody needing to be somewhere with no time to spare!
Like every city, watch out for pick-pocketers and con-artists. Keeps you wits about you and don't put on your 'holiday head'!!
- Pros:Skyscrapers, shopping, unique buildings, so much to do
- Cons:Very busy and hetic city
- In a nutshell:An experience not to forget!
This is my favourite building in the whole of New York. I love the top of it. It's art deco style (which I think is the... more travel advice
With our hotel being a 5 minute walk from Times Square, this is where I came every morning to read the news with a... more travel advice
Benson35's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 5 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 19 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Prince Albert Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos
- Skipton Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saskatoon Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gundogdu Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Blackpool Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos