"The original!" Anaheim by Benson35
Anaheim Travel Guide: 721 reviews and 1,986 photos
Compared to Disneyworld (Orlando, Florida), Disneyland is small. You can easily do everything in this park in one day.
This is the home of Sleeping Beauty's castle (see photo)! There are great rides such as river rapids (yes, you will get wet!), roller coasters - large and small, a haunted house, boat rides and much more!
There's toon town to visit and parades to watch! Get lost in the Disney theme! There is something for everybody, age really doesn't matter!
The staff (cast members) always greet you with a smile and are so happy to help if you get lost or want to know where the nearest restrooms are!
We could see this park from our hotel room! There is a huge ferriswheel where you can choose to ride in a stationary carridge or one which is on a runner and swings back and forth while the wheel is moving round! There is an array of shops to buy souvenirs and plenty of places to have meals, get snacks and drinks.
I went off-peak and unfortunately a few of the rides were being serviced! Also, at one point in the day, it was very windy, so the high rides were closed for a while. But please remember people - this is for YOUR safety!!
I enjoyed walking around and seeing where the ideas came from for the four parks in Disneyworld, Florida. Personally, I think the rides are quite tame, but I don't mind heights or fast moving things!
This show is amazing! It combines water and colour and is shown at night. There is a 'splash zone' at the very front of the area (which is all standing) where you must be prepared to get wet! It's a little bit more than a splash here and there - it's more like constant rain, but I do suppose that depends which way the wind is blowing (if at all!)!
You can get a fastpass at the Grizzly River Run (the first ride you come to) for a reserved spot in the viewing area. These are free but there are only a limited number of fastpass tickets. Make this your first stop!
- Pros:It's Disney! What more can I say? And it's less tiring than Disneyworld as these are smaller parks
- Cons:Take care of yourself and children in the heat
- In a nutshell:It's where dreams come true :)
This hotel is BIG! If your first impressions of a place are black and white - you won't be dissapointed here! The... more travel advice
Benson35's Related Pages
Anaheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Disneyland on a Budget"
- "Another View of Anaheim"
- "The Happiest Place on Earth..."
- "Orange County"
- "Mission San Juan Capistrano"
- "b1bob's Mickey Mouse Anaheim adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anaheim
- Hotels in Anaheim
- Transportation in Anaheim
- Nightlife in Anaheim
- Restaurants in Anaheim
- Shopping in Anaheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Anaheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anaheim
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Anaheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anaheim
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 19 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Prince Albert Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos
- Skipton Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saskatoon Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gundogdu Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Blackpool Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos