"Leeds (excellent times here)" Leeds by Benson35

Leeds Travel Guide: 602 reviews and 1,759 photos

My sister brought me to Leeds for my birthday weekend. We mainly stayed in the town centre and had my birthday night out in the town centre too.

We stayed in an 'Apart-hotel' which was fantastic! (Review to come!!)
The transport in Leeds is good - bus, train, taxi.

There are loads of places to eat from good old pub-grub, chains (Subway, MacDonalds etc.), Red Hot Buffet and rather posh resturants too!!

There is a huge area dedicated to shopping and a fab indoor and outdoor market. There are malls and plenty of place to park if travelling by car.

Plenty to do in the day

I always go to Leeds for the shopping!! It's been a tradition of mine (with my Mum and Sister) for about four years now. There are many streets filled with all kinds of shops. There are also arcades that are thru-passages from street to street which are also lined with shops!!
The thing I love about shopping in Leeds is that it caters for all tastes and all budgets. From Louis Vitton to Debenhams to £1 shops - it's all there!

We went to the cinema and also had our first experience of a fish treatment on our feet (recommend to anybody!). Leeds offers many hairdressers, spas and nailbars for the person who fancies pampering themselves!
We had so much fun in Leeds, I'll be having another weekend there soon!

FLARES!! *

THE best 60s, 70s & 80s bar around!
'Flares' is a chain of clubs, but where ever you come across on on a night out, your in for a great time!!
There's the huge disco balls, light-up dancefloor (see photograph), star/heart glasses, hats, microphones, wigs, moustashes that can be purchased from behind the bar! And of course, there are usually plenty of offers on drinks!!

I always end up at a Flares Bar!!

*I have recently been informed that Flares no longer exists in Leeds - this is a very sad day indeed :-(

• In a nutshell:This city has something for everybody
  • Last visit to Leeds: Apr 2011
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2013

Benson35

“Decide, explore, have fun, love”

Badges & Stats in Leeds