"Matlock Bath (not Matlock!)" Matlock by Benson35
Matlock Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 313 photos
Shops are a big feature. They offer mainly food! There are also jewellery shops, book shops, charity shops, clothes shops and more.
Whilst walking around, there are plenty of cafes to stop at for a mug of coffee and slice of homemade cake or whatever tickles your fancy!
If shops arn't for you, there is a river that runs through Matlock Bath that will be a lovely walk in dry weather. There are also activities for the while family to enjoy aswell as the single traveller.
Matlock Bath offers a Museum, aquarium and a chance to visit the Heighs of Abraham.
Along the main high street, there are great buildings. There are churches (some that are no longer churches), the old Bath's building, quaint little shops with their own character and individuality; whether that be mordern or antique.
I enjoyed walking along the main high street, looking at the buildings; the shapes as they are joined, on a curve, and going up/down hill!!
Matlock Bath is in the hills and also surrounded by more hills!! You can see all of the houses that are in the hills - it's a lovely view.
Matlock Bath offers lots of activities to keep your children entertained. Across the bridge on the main high street, there is a children's play area. This is probably the only FREE activity here unless your child/ren are under the age of 5!
The others I am about to mention will cost from 10 pence (£0.10) to approx. £9.00.
A huge attraction here are the Heights of Abraham (see page for more detail), for children, the price is £9 for a cable car ride high above the ground. There are a few arcades with games to play, an aquarium, museum, sweets shops and plenty of ice cream to sample!
It will be hard not to have fun here!
- Pros:Plenty of chippy's to choose from!!!
- Cons:Could be hard work if not good with hills.
- In a nutshell:Lots to do - reasonable prices
This coffee bar is at the top of the main street, just set back a bit. It's modern inside and I enjoyed the decor. It... more travel advice
There are not many other shops in comparison to the amount of cafes, fish & chip shops, arcades and sweet shops. The... more travel advice
Benson35's Related Pages
Matlock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Matlock Bath ~ Pride & Prejudice country!"
- "High Tor"
- "MATLOCK BATH & MATLOCK"
- "Matlock, Derbyshire, U.K."
- "A quick stop!"
- "Summer Day in Matlock Bath"
- "Matlock Bath (not Matlock!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Matlock
- Hotels in Matlock
- Transportation in Matlock
- Restaurants in Matlock
- Shopping in Matlock
- Warnings and Dangers in Matlock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matlock
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Matlock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matlock
Photos in MatlockSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 19 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Prince Albert Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos
- Skipton Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saskatoon Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gundogdu Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Blackpool Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos