"Lecco" Top 5 Page for this destination Lecco by Benson35

Lecco Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 170 photos

A beautiful lakeside town

When the train rolled into Lecco I immediately left myself relax. I felt that the cloudless blue sky and the surrounding mountains were just the ticket!!
I left the train station after checking the times for my return journey and walked down the main street infront of me.
I walked with tall buildings on either side of me and hardly any traffic on the roads. I really enjoyed this slight downhill stroll.

I sat by the lake just taking it all in. Looking at the busy road in the distance (which you couldn't hear), at the moutains, at the boats on the lake and the ducks and swans swimming.
Even though there were a lot of people about, I never felt crowded. In fact, for a while, I switched off and I was the only one there . . . .

Appreciating what's there

As I was walking, I came across some lovely buildings. Some seemed to pop out of nowhere and others were very bold in their appearance. I enjoy spending time exploring interesting building with my eyes, and there were a few here I could do that with.

Lecco has a main shopping street and lots of ice cream shops!! There is a beautiful square where there are a few resturants together and the atmosphere is really good.

Bergamo to Lecco

I was staying in Bergamo when I decided to visit Lecco. It was really easy to jump on a train, which run at 8 minutes past the hour, every hour (June 2012) and take the 40 minute journey to this beautiful lake side town.

In June 2012, the return train left Lecco train station at 12 minutes past the hour, every hour.

If you want a little break from the hustle and bustle of Bergamo (or any towns nearby), I highly recommend visiting Lecco. The change of scenery is invigorating.

• Pros:The scenery, the chill-out time, the shops, the buildings
  • Last visit to Lecco: Jun 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2012

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I enjoyed visitng Lecco as well Hayley and would certainly go back, I love your opening photo

• Benson35's Profile Photo
      Sep 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Ah, I know, it's beautiful. I would love to go back some day :)

Benson35

“Decide, explore, have fun, love”

Badges & Stats in Lecco