"A slice of paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Cabarete by Benson35

Cabarete Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 147 photos

Perfect location

The stretch of beach is beautiful. We had lovely walks along the beach, coming off at different places to see at what part of the town it brought us out at.
There are local shops and shops specifically for tourists. If you want souvnirs, I would recommend buying them all from one shop and bartering on price. DO NOT accept their first three offers!! Think about what you would pay for all of your goods and start off lower. This is common practice.
Cafes and bars are lining the street of Cabarete. Most are on the beach front. We found that everybody spoke English and people were so friendly.
Apart from being windy - not cold wind or a wind that sweeps sand all over you, the weather is hot with perfectly blue skys.

This is the type of holiday that can be exactly what you want it to be. You can relax all day by the pool or on the beach, pooping to the hotel bar when you get thirsty or want a snack. Or you can book on trips and explore some of the Dominican Republic. Or try the water sports that take your fancy!
The choice is completely yours!

All inclusive

My sister and I wanted a week away in September 2010. We went into the travel agents and told them what we fancied and our buget. I was thinking cheap and cheerful in Europe - my sister had other ideas!!
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I nipped out of the travel agents and when I came back, it was "How do you fancy the Dominican Republic?" We ended up booking it after I was convinced, and it turned out to be an excellent decision!

I'd never done an all inclusive holiday before and was constantly asking myself 'What if? What if I didn't like the food? What if I need something they havn't got? etc etc.'

I need not have worried at all!

To read about the hotel we stayed in look at my review!!

• Pros:Weather, friendly, lots to do (if you want to!)
  • Cons:Windy
  • Last visit to Cabarete: Sep 2010
  • Intro Updated Jan 27, 2012

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Awesome!! Now I know where I am going when we finally make it to that part of the world! Enjoying reading your pages Hayley :o) Cheers, Ann.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Wow, I see it's a great place indeed...Thanks for your tips!~

Benson35

“Decide, explore, have fun, love”

Badges & Stats in Cabarete

Have you been to Cabarete?

Latest Activity in Cabarete