"A slice of paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Cabarete by Benson35
Cabarete Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 147 photos
The stretch of beach is beautiful. We had lovely walks along the beach, coming off at different places to see at what part of the town it brought us out at.
There are local shops and shops specifically for tourists. If you want souvnirs, I would recommend buying them all from one shop and bartering on price. DO NOT accept their first three offers!! Think about what you would pay for all of your goods and start off lower. This is common practice.
Cafes and bars are lining the street of Cabarete. Most are on the beach front. We found that everybody spoke English and people were so friendly.
Apart from being windy - not cold wind or a wind that sweeps sand all over you, the weather is hot with perfectly blue skys.
This is the type of holiday that can be exactly what you want it to be. You can relax all day by the pool or on the beach, pooping to the hotel bar when you get thirsty or want a snack. Or you can book on trips and explore some of the Dominican Republic. Or try the water sports that take your fancy!
The choice is completely yours!
My sister and I wanted a week away in September 2010. We went into the travel agents and told them what we fancied and our buget. I was thinking cheap and cheerful in Europe - my sister had other ideas!!
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I nipped out of the travel agents and when I came back, it was "How do you fancy the Dominican Republic?" We ended up booking it after I was convinced, and it turned out to be an excellent decision!
I'd never done an all inclusive holiday before and was constantly asking myself 'What if? What if I didn't like the food? What if I need something they havn't got? etc etc.'
I need not have worried at all!
To read about the hotel we stayed in look at my review!!
- Pros:Weather, friendly, lots to do (if you want to!)
We booked this Outback Safari trip in the hotel. We were picked up from the front of our hotel and then went on to pick... more travel advice
Benson35's Related Pages
Cabarete Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "!! Umfufu's new Cabarete Page !!"
- "Windsurfing Capital"
- "A slice of paradise"
- "Playa de Cabarete"
- "Beach party town extraordinaire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cabarete
- Hotels in Cabarete
- Transportation in Cabarete
- Nightlife in Cabarete
- Restaurants in Cabarete
- Shopping in Cabarete
- Warnings and Dangers in Cabarete
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cabarete
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Cabarete?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cabarete
Photos in CabareteSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 19 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Prince Albert Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos
- Skipton Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saskatoon Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gundogdu Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Blackpool Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos