"I Left My Heart in Chloride" Chloride by BobandBon

Chloride Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 36 photos

What's That We "C" in Them There Hills

In the high desert, 4009 feet above sea level, I lost my heart. It was stolen by a dusty, rusty little town perched in the foothills of the Cerbat Mountains. Chloride is its name and mining was its claim to fame.

Chloride offers a stroll back in time without the primping and preening that often accompanies a tourist stop. It is totally without pretension and that it is even on the map is testament to the ingenuity of the current town's folk.

My singular disappointment was thus: I read about Chloride in a brochure we picked up in our travels. It indicated there were miles of ATV and horse riding trails. This was not our reason for heading to Chloride but it did entice with additional appeal. I thought we'd horseback ride out to the Purcell murals. Too bad the brochure forgot to mention - you need to bring your own horse!

Walk a Mile in Your Shoes

Chloride is best experienced on foot - though if you are not up to a jaunt, a slow drive through town is perfectly doable. There is much to see in Chloride though first impressions can be very misleading. I know our first impression upon doing a lap or two in the car was, "Geez, looks pretty barren and dusty." However, our minds quickly changed and I personally grew very enamored once we commenced our walk about.

In Chloride, you walk with eyes wide open.

You Never Know What You'll Find

During our walk about Bob and I unearthed a wealth of priceless artifacts that shouldn't be missed. We don't want to give away the store by telling you everything we found but we will tell you - we did find the tin man. He is alive and well and living in Chloride.

• Pros:Seek and you will find.
  • Cons:May hold little appeal for the young 'uns.
  • In a nutshell:I Left My Heart in Chloride
  • Last visit to Chloride: Feb 2012
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2012

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Love your writing style :o) Funny! lol. Hopefully see you around the misc forum from time to time. Cheers Ann.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2012 at 9:29 PM

What a hoot...we had one of those in the country years ago
    Marg from Australia

BobandBon

“There’s no such thing as “lost” – you’re always somewhere!”

Badges & Stats in Chloride

Have you been to Chloride?

Latest Activity in Chloride