"Breathtaking Venezia!" Venice by mamores

Venice Travel Guide: 8,203 reviews and 21,709 photos

From Magic to Real!

My boyfriend and I came from our trip to Europe more than a week ago but still keep thinking on the beauty of Venice...maybe our favorite destination during our trip. We will never forget our first sight of Venice from the distance, when in the Allilaguna we started to descry the gem, that one we had heard of in many books, or watched in some movies or read about in some magazines...now there we were...now it was real! We both agree that not even a picture shot would ever describe or show the magic of Venezia...and amazed for our sight as we aproached our stop, we were atonished, unmobile, enjoying the magnificense of the city. Now we were starring the film that we will always call "The Magic Real Venezia". Facing the city was the only way to understand that eternal beauty that I heard of from friends who had visited before...but the experience of feeling it on your own is priceless. The canals, the alleyways, the stunning lagoons, the unusual architecture, the bridges, everything in Venice makes you take your breath away, even you feel like you were transported back in time to a scenary that remained lock in the history and that now, locked you down along with it. Once you get lost in Venezia, you get to understand the huge desire that arrives of going back.
Now I understand Fran Lebowitz when he said: "If you read a lot, nothing is as great as you've imagined. Venice is - Venice is better."

• Cons:Expensive
  • Last visit to Venice: Apr 2012
  • Intro Updated Apr 23, 2012

Comments

mamores

“"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" Susan Sontag”

Ranked Member