"GRAFFITI BOOK OF TRAVEL" mamores's Profile

A dream came true!

There are definitely two things that I really love to do: traveling and taking LOTS of pictures! I still remember the day I took this picture. It was my first meeting face to face with the icon of the city that took my breath away. After years of dreaming of that romantic amazing city that I used to see in TV and I heard of in some books I read. That city that I saw in many pictures during my french class at college that caught my attention. There I was. Since I was a little girl, I used to dream of the day I could visit this place, even more considering the fact that being a little girl I used to see that possibility not too close coming from a third world country where this kind of trip is, not impossible, but very complicated. I am proud of saying that I come from a family that gave me everything I needed but we didn't have many possibilities for traveling when I was little. FOr me, TRAVELING was my personal goal, my dream, my resolution for when I grew up. Some kids dream of Disney world, but me, I dreamt of Paris! I've always had an adventurer spirit, with the will of knowing new cultures and places, but in my top places list was Paris: my dreamt city. And there I was, shocked, amazed, with some sort of mixed feelings of emotion and joy. This was not my first trip out of my country, because I have to mention I come from a country that has the most beautiful landscape one's can see. I had traveled before, even more, after I moved to the United States where I have plenty of chances to access the world freely, easily and I have visited different places in this continent
This is the image that I keep on my heart, and beyond it there are so many more memories of a city that before I visited I loved but after I went there, I just adored. Paris, for some reason is like an obsession and ever more an addiction!
I hope you enjoy my page and accompany me through my journies and especially, my passion for traveling!
One thing I have learned throughout the years: you can be wherever you want to be. Put your mind and heart into it and you will be there! God has been good to me and I am so thankful he has opened his ways to let me admire the beauty of his creations.

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Eurotrip!

An amazing trip and another dream became true! Holland, Belgium, France and Italy with the best partner of adventure: my love ;) Lots of history, landscapes, love, places and people...great food in some places, some not too great but still worth it. We had planned this trip for a long time and all there is to say is that this one a great life experience that we will always keep in our memories.

• Intro Updated Jan 14, 2014

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Happy B/D!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Welcome to VT and the crew of happy remembrances. Hope to see more of you.

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I'm glad to see another person from the Garden State on Virtual Tourist. Welcome aboard!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM

well you know i took to travelling very late - i was 50 before i ever got over the equator to europe - and now i have a grandchild i don't travel so much - BUT I am hoping for another trip to italy this year - i do love it there

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Welcome to VT! Hope you find the site helpful and fun!

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Welcome to VT and congratulations on making such a good start on your pages! Look forward to seeing even more:)

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Welcome to VT. Travel and have fun. PJ

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
mamores's Profile Photo

mamores

“"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" Susan Sontag”

Ranked Member