Helsinki Off The Beaten Path Tips by Pomska Top 5 Page for this destination
Helsinki Off The Beaten Path: 246 reviews and 353 photos
It's nice to walk or jog around the bay. It's approximately 2,2 kilometres.
You can easily walk from Railwaystation (10 minutes maximum) or Stockmann to the bay. If you don't want to walk then use trams 4, 7A, 7B or 10 and get off Hesperia park stop.
There's the Finnish Science Centre Heureka in Tikkurila, Vantaa. It's easy to go there for example by local trains from Helsinki city centre to Tikkurila station.
Nice thing is that Heureka's exhibitions are interactive, so you can push the buttons etc yourself. Really intresting!
Other Contact: Fax +358 9 873 4142
Phone: +358 9 85 799
The island offers peace and quiet amongst nature and it's situated just few kilometres from city centre. The island is filled with walking tarils and authentic and old Finnish houses collected from all over the country.
There is nudist beaches separate for men and women.
The best way to get to Seurasaari is by bus number 24, leaving from Erottaja in front of Svenska Teatern (Swedish Theatre). It will take approximately 20-30 minutes to get there.
Other Contact: Fax (09) 4050 9665
Phone: +358 9 4050 9660 in summer
Check Itainen puistokatu which is the location for the many embassies in Finland. There are big and beautiful houses.
Quite extraordinary memorial. Especially young children are very intrested to put their hands on the water.
This is not the best or the second best park in Helsinki but if you are visiting Hakaniemi by foor, you can go to Hakaniemi through this park. It's situated at the back of National Theatre so if you are visiting the theatre you can also check this park.
The park is very near Rautatieasema (the Railwaystation).
The national park is situated close to Helsinki at the outskirts of Espoo.
Actually you almost have to have a car to get there because there are no direct connections from Helsinki by public transport. But you can try these two alternatives: 1) take the train from Helsinki to Leppävaara and transfer there to Espoo bus number 85 or 88, or 2) take the train to Espoon keskus and then take the bus number 82. I think it will take over an hour to get there by public transportation.
There are a number of well-signposted trails which you can choose from.
It's situated outside Helsinki but it's still quite near and easily reachable.
It's the largest heated water park in Europe and it is open year-round. Inside under the roof is a 2000m2 pool area. There are several pools, water slides and hot tubs plus regular saunas and Turkish steam rooms. The place is best experienced in winter when you can lay back in a jacuzzi and watch people skiing on the other side of the glass windows.
In the summertimes the pool area is 1000 m2 larger as the outside part is opened.
It's open 11am-8pm daily. All day pass €17, evening pass (from 4 pm) €13.
By bus from Helsinki: Bus station, platform 19, bus 339.
Adress: Tornimäentie 10, 02970 ESPOO
Other Contact: Telefax + 358 9 88705 560
Phone: +358 9 88705 557
The Design Museum is located in Korkeavuorenkatu 23, Ullanlinna. You could find exhibitions of modern commercial and industrial design and also modern art. There are a permanent exhibit in the basement floor which shows the history of consumer-goods design over the course of the 20th century. It's focused on Finnish designers.
Entrance fee is 7 € for adults and 3 € for students and free for children.
It's open Tuesday 11am to 8pm, Wednesday through Sunday 11am to 6pm, and closed Monday.
Definitely try Hotel Torni's toilet which is one of the most unique toilet. You have tremendous views over Helsinki from the toilet.
You can find it in Yrjönkatu 26
More Reviews (147)
- See All Lebanese
- See All Autumn in Helsinki
- See All Helsinki in autumn
- See All Finland's first Design Hotel
- See All Women's clothes
Pomska's Related Pages
Helsinki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home"
- "19/1 Just returned from Helsinki"
- "Where Slavic charm & Nordic simplicity meet"
- "Helsinki at your service"
- "Helsinki, this is where I come from"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helsinki
- Hotels in Helsinki
- Transportation in Helsinki
- Nightlife in Helsinki
- Restaurants in Helsinki
- Shopping in Helsinki
- Warnings and Dangers in Helsinki
- See All...
Explore the World
- Castelmauro Hotels
- Dobanovci Hotels
- Wilaya d' Oran Hotels
- Kolsva Hotels
- British Virgin Islands Off The Beaten Path
- Chincoteague Off The Beaten Path
- Werribee Mansion and Zoo
- Brecon Beacons
- Mauritius Off The Beaten Path
- Bari Off The Beaten Path
- Alghero Off The Beaten Path
- Paphos Off The Beaten Path
- Drumheller Off The Beaten Path
- Dolphin Research Center
Badges & Stats in Helsinki
- 172 Reviews
- 174 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 132 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Helsinki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helsinki
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 172 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 27 photos
- Finland Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 23 photos
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 10 photos
- Ko Samui Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Tampere Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Etelä-Suomi Intro, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Helsinki hotel reviews
- Hotel Kamp
- 395 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Rivoli Jardin Hotel
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013
- Cumulus Olympia
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Haaga
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Best Western Premier Hotel Katajanokka
- 272 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Lonnrot Hostel & Cafe
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
- Sokos Hotel Klaus Kurki
- 270 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Stadion Hostel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Scandic Hotel Continental
- 184 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Martta Hotelli
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2008
- Sokos Hotel Vantaa
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 10, 2013
- Accome Parliament
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Hotel Seurahuone Helsinki
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Sokos Hotel Pasila
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Kauppatori (Market Square & Market Hall)- 74 Reviews, 127 Photos
- Tuomiokirkko (The Lutheran Cathedral)- 109 Reviews, 192 Photos
- Suomenlinna Island & Fortress- 103 Reviews, 226 Photos
- Uspenski Orthodox Church- 81 Reviews, 133 Photos
- Temppeliaukio (Rock) Church- 59 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Esplanadi Boulevard- 35 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Korkeasaari (Helsinki Zoo)- 20 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Olympic stadium- 24 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Linnanmaki Amusement Park- 17 Reviews, 20 Photos
- National Museum- 14 Reviews, 24 Photos
See All Helsinki Things to Do