"My Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki by Pomska
Helsinki Travel Guide: 3,727 reviews and 7,723 photos
I have lived in Helsinki over seven years now and I am really enjoying it! Helsinki is sooo beautiful city, especially in the summer. The streets are clean and you could always find a peaceful spot (if you need it) .
Helsinki is a small city if you compare it to those giantic cities around the world but the spirit is still quite cosmopolitan.
Because the city area is rather small, it's so easy to explore it by foot. The old architecture in downtown is amazing and many old buildings are still looking good (thanks to renovations). I hope you'll enjoy your visit in Helsinki!
"The place to be happy is here,
the time to be happy is now."
- Robert Ingersoll
I've bought my first own flat in September 2002. There's a picture of the house where I live. The area where I'm living is called Ullanlinna.
Eira/Ullanlinna is built in the beginning of the century, with its Jugend houses it is one of the most prestigious areas in Helsinki. It's near the sea and that's one thing which makes it a good place to live.
When you arrive Helsinki, I suggest that you visit the Helsinki City Tourist Office which is very centrally located just steps from the marketplace and habor where all the cruise boats deck. It's in Pohjoisesplanadi 19.
The tourist office sells tickets to events, plane tickets, bus tickets, and cruise tickets and the money-saving Helsinki Card. You can also reserve a hotel and book a guide through the tourist office.
- Pros:beautiful architecture, great shopping, friends
- Cons:sometimes too cold, too windy and too little sun
- In a nutshell:I just love my home town!
Check Itainen puistokatu which is the location for the many embassies in Finland. There are big and beautiful houses. more travel advice
- See All Lebanese
- See All Finland's first Design Hotel
- See All Women's clothes
- See All Ferry to the Zoo
Pomska's Related Pages
Helsinki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home"
- "Helsinki - bears, skaters and religion"
- "19/1 Just returned from Helsinki"
- "Where Slavic charm & Nordic simplicity meet"
- "Helsinki at your service"
- "Helsinki, this is where I come from"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helsinki
- Hotels in Helsinki
- Transportation in Helsinki
- Nightlife in Helsinki
- Restaurants in Helsinki
- Shopping in Helsinki
- Warnings and Dangers in Helsinki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helsinki
- 172 Reviews
- 174 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 123 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Helsinki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helsinki
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 172 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 27 photos
- Finland Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 23 photos
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 10 photos
- Ko Samui Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Tampere Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Etelä-Suomi Intro, 31 photos, 4 travelogues