"My Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki by Pomska

Helsinki Travel Guide: 3,736 reviews and 7,666 photos

Helsinki city

I have lived in Helsinki over seven years now and I am really enjoying it! Helsinki is sooo beautiful city, especially in the summer. The streets are clean and you could always find a peaceful spot (if you need it) .

Helsinki is a small city if you compare it to those giantic cities around the world but the spirit is still quite cosmopolitan.

Because the city area is rather small, it's so easy to explore it by foot. The old architecture in downtown is amazing and many old buildings are still looking good (thanks to renovations). I hope you'll enjoy your visit in Helsinki!

"The place to be happy is here,
the time to be happy is now."
- Robert Ingersoll

My flat

I've bought my first own flat in September 2002. There's a picture of the house where I live. The area where I'm living is called Ullanlinna.

Eira/Ullanlinna is built in the beginning of the century, with its Jugend houses it is one of the most prestigious areas in Helsinki. It's near the sea and that's one thing which makes it a good place to live.

Helsinki City Tourist Office for visitors

When you arrive Helsinki, I suggest that you visit the Helsinki City Tourist Office which is very centrally located just steps from the marketplace and habor where all the cruise boats deck. It's in Pohjoisesplanadi 19.

The tourist office sells tickets to events, plane tickets, bus tickets, and cruise tickets and the money-saving Helsinki Card. You can also reserve a hotel and book a guide through the tourist office.

• Pros:beautiful architecture, great shopping, friends
  • Cons:sometimes too cold, too windy and too little sun
  • In a nutshell:I just love my home town!
  • Last visit to Helsinki: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2007

Pomska Lives Here!

Pomska

“Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”

Badges & Stats in Helsinki

Have you been to Helsinki?

Latest Activity in Helsinki