Monaco Things to Do Tips by Pomska
Monaco Things to Do: 287 reviews and 336 photos
Monte-Carlo is well famous for the Formula races. The dramatic heights of Monte-Carlo are the best known area of Monaco. Monte-Carlo is named after Charles III, who opened the first casino in 1865 to save himself from bankruptcy. Five years later he abolished the taxation.
Between Monaco-Ville and Monte-Carlo lies La Condamine which is a shopping and commercial centre surrounding the luxury yachts.
Monaco's seat of government is an attractive castle-palace protected by cannons and sentries who change daily at 11.55 am. The palace is only open to the public when the prince is away.
Cathedrale is Neo-Romanesque construction in cream-coloured stone and it sits on a rocky spur. The Princess Grace is buried here.
More Reviews (5)
Pomska's Related Pages
Monaco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monte-Carlo, Monaco"
- "MONACO - The Land of the Rich and Famous"
- "Small Pricipality in the Cote d'Azure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monaco
- Hotels in Monaco
- Transportation in Monaco
- Nightlife in Monaco
- Restaurants in Monaco
- Shopping in Monaco
- Warnings and Dangers in Monaco
- See All...
Explore the World
- Provincia de Jujuy Hotels
- Delaware Water Gap
- Valemount Hotels
- Lago Maggiore
- Webster Hotels
- Coast Province Hotels
Badges & Stats in Monaco
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Monaco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monaco
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 172 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 27 photos
- Finland Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 23 photos
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 10 photos
- Ko Samui Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Tampere Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Etelä-Suomi Intro, 31 photos, 4 travelogues