"Traces of St. Basil of Ostrog" Top 5 Page for this destination Niksic by Odiseya

Niksic Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 120 photos

Nikšić is second largest city in Montenegro, It encompasses 15% of the territory of country.
The city is located in Nikšić plain, in the base of Mount Trebjesa, on about 630 meters altitude.
The city embellished by three rivers, three artificial lakes with a total area of ​​15 km and surrounded by mountains up to 2000 m above sea level.
The good geographical position and natural conditions contribute that Niksic become crossroads and main center for connecting mountainous, central and coastal parts of Montenegro and neighboring countries.

• Pros:Crossroad
  • Cons:Crossroad
  • In a nutshell:On the "learn more" list
  • Last visit to Niksic: Mar 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 30, 2013

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Thank you! I'm glad you like my reviews.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM

The Monastery of Ostrog is amazing!

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Hi Alexandra, thanks for adding me to your friend list...I hope to see more of the Balkan myself, besides my favorite country Macedonia :-) Ciao, Dennis

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Aleksandra, lovely little page about this gem of Montenegro. Unfortunately we missed Niksic and the famous Monastery of Ostrog on our 10 days in Montenegro.

Odiseya

“Life is not a race, but travel in which we need to enjoy in every step we make.”

Badges & Stats in Niksic