"Banja Luka - Krajina beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Banja Luka by Odiseya
Banja Luka Travel Guide: 175 reviews and 325 photos
I was study here and I have good memories.
Banja Luka is a City with long tradition.
Banja Luka is first mentioned in 1494. in the charter of Hungarian King Vladislav II Jagiellon and it was issued in Buda in Latin, although there was a indication that the town existed before. Prehistoric archaeological sites and objects that are found in them provide evidence of the existence of human communities in this region since the epoch musterien from 50,000 to 35,000 years BC.
Today is administrative, cultural, economic center and a official capital of Republika Srpska, one of two entity in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
"Long ago, even while they walked the earth giants and dwarfs, Vrbas stole a silver flake with dragon wings, thirsty guards imagination and great treasures in the hills, while one year coming down from his hiding place to the stone banks of the river to drink green water.
Exactly at that time, on a hill near the present town he lived such a giant with his infant son. Since it was time to land our people God sent a great pool, a hill on which the giant lived decides to turn into a volcano to burn all that water is not swallowed. Yet before the end of the world and his life, the old giant premonition of disaster and make the boat put a newborn male.
Son called his name BANJALUKAN.
Then he called an eagle, and said that it takes away some place safe. Eagle obeyed boat with a child transfers to a high ridge where the water is not submerged, and below which will sprout many centuries later a big city.
Water is withdrawn, the volcano ceased, Banjalukan grow and settlement basis, with people engendering a boat that made him the father of the ridge the Ottoman conquerors of whom would later call mans, put on the Vrbas.
For each of the memory remains at something. Volcanic Mountain people named Tutnjevac, settlement Bajalukanovo-Banja Luka, and the boats that Gradiša on the Vrbas looks like first VRBASKA boat gigantic child. Spitz boat had aquiline beak shape in honor of the bird that saved the child from the flood. Human descendants of Banjalukan who drove the boats had a stocky build and with giant force, Vrbas is not feared, time and knew him well so that this love runs today .... "
- Pros:Culture and arts festival
- Cons:many prejudice about this City
- In a nutshell:City of youth
Specific natural and historic complex known as Imperial road (Serbian Cyrillic:... more travel advice
Banja Luka was located in beautiful valley of Vrbas river and surrounded by many hills and mountain. Even new... more travel advice
- See All Banja Luka and rest of world by bus
- In City Centre
- Tourist Trap Dont Exist
Odiseya's Related Pages
Banja Luka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banja Luka - Krajina beauty"
- "The biggest city in Republic of Srpska"
- "croisbeauty's new Banja Luka Page"
- "Little Serbia"
- "Quite a lively city scarred by war"
- "Green city on a green river"
- "The Capital City of Banja Luka"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banja Luka
- Hotels in Banja Luka
- Transportation in Banja Luka
- Nightlife in Banja Luka
- Restaurants in Banja Luka
- Shopping in Banja Luka
- Warnings and Dangers in Banja Luka
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Banja Luka
- 91 Reviews
- 152 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Banja Luka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banja Luka
Photos in Banja LukaSee All Photos (152)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banja Luka Intro, 91 reviews, 152 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 43 reviews, 78 photos
- Doboj Intro, 34 reviews, 83 photos
- Moscow Intro, 47 reviews, 55 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 41 reviews, 51 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 32 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schaffhausen Intro, 28 reviews, 46 photos
- Prnjavor Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Brcko Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 6 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues