"Banja Luka - Krayina beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Banja Luka by Odiseya
Banja Luka Travel Guide: 321 reviews and 616 photos
I studied here and I have good memories.
Banja Luka is a City with long tradition.
Banja Luka is first mentioned in 1494. in the charter of Hungarian King Vladislav II Jagiellon and it was issued in Buda in Latin, although there was a indication that the town existed before. Prehistoric archaeological sites and objects that are found in them provide evidence of the existence of human communities in this region since the epoch musterien from 50,000 to 35,000 years BC.
Today is administrative, cultural, economic center and a de facto capital of Republika Srpska, one of two entity in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
There is still lots of interesting stories in and out Banja Luka yet unwritten and lot of side not yet recorded.
For everyone who would like to see more they should watch touristic video - Banja Luka from air
Bosnia and Herzegovina is touristic enigma outside of Sarajevo and Mostar bridge.
Situated among gentle hills in off the beaten region of off the beaten country Banja Luka is welcoming place trough whole year thanks to its mild clime and picturesque scenery.
Without any queue in front of cultural institution Banja Luka offer very divers and creative list of inspirational manifestations and events and most of them is free of charge.
Safety in city is not even question here with good nightlife that starts very early and last in the early morning. Hospitable and friendly Southern Slavs with Mediterranean temperaments would be great company.
English language is part of our everyday life and even without words there won?t be big language barriers. Streets signs are bilinguals with fare touristic information offices where you can find necessary for your independent exploration of city. TV is subtitle and you won?t be limited for your favorite TV show or interesting movie predominately on English.
Gastronomic treat on unbelievably low prices. Join locals in numerous cafes in tradition of doing-nothing for almost nothing to pay.
Banja Luka is center of adventurist sports in region and you can here enjoy in water, land and air.
Off-the-beaten-paths in off-the-beaten-place ? there are plenty ethnographic resources in country side.
Enjoy in scenic train ride from Central Europe or challenging bus rides from all over Europe. For real adventurist task is to find few of flights to Banja Luka.
Shopping here is stress-free and budget-friendly.
Architecture mix of city is very interesting and one of downside (or maybe advantage for someone) is that Banja Luka is smoking paradise. I am also thankful that there are limitation of that in shops and cultural institution and during summer relaxes on Vrbas riverbanks or outdoor cafes are not risk for our health.
"Long ago, even while they walked the earth giants and dwarfs, Vrbas stole a silver flake with dragon wings, thirsty guards imagination and great treasures in the hills, while one year coming down from his hiding place to the stone banks of the river to drink green water.
Exactly at that time, on a hill near the present town he lived such a giant with his infant son. Since it was time to land our people God sent a great pool, a hill on which the giant lived decides to turn into a volcano to burn all that water is not swallowed. Yet before the end of the world and his life, the old giant premonition of disaster and make the boat put a newborn male.
Son called his name BANJALUKAN.
Then he called an eagle, and said that it takes away some place safe. Eagle obeyed boat with a child transfers to a high ridge where the water is not submerged, and below which will sprout many centuries later a big city.
Water is withdrawn, the volcano ceased, Banjalukan grow and settlement basis, with people engendering a boat that made him the father of the ridge the Ottoman conquerors of whom would later call mans, put on the Vrbas.
For each of the memory remains at something. Volcanic Mountain people named Tutnjevac, settlement Bajalukanovo-Banja Luka, and the boats that Gradi?a on the Vrbas looks like first VRBASKA boat gigantic child. Spitz boat had aquiline beak shape in honor of the bird that saved the child from the flood. Human descendants of Banjalukan who drove the boats had a stocky build and with giant force, Vrbas is not feared, time and knew him well so that this love runs today .... "
- Pros:Culture and arts festival
- Cons:many prejudice about this City
- In a nutshell:Open your mind for open heart of Krajina.
Cap cap is popular local fast food restaurant and there is 2-3 more in Banja Luka. Its menu consist of popular local... more travel advice
My second favorite viewpoint over Banja Luka is from new government building complex and best of it is panorama... more travel advice
- See All Ukrainian church
- See All Old bus station
- See All City's Olympic pool
- See All 24/7
Odiseya's Related Pages
Banja Luka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banja Luka - Krayina beauty"
- "The biggest city in Republic of Srpska"
- "croisbeauty's new Banja Luka Page"
- "Quite a lively city scarred by war"
- "Little Serbia"
- "The old Kastel"
- "Green city on a green river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banja Luka
- Hotels in Banja Luka
- Transportation in Banja Luka
- Nightlife in Banja Luka
- Restaurants in Banja Luka
- Shopping in Banja Luka
- Warnings and Dangers in Banja Luka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banja Luka
- 222 Reviews
- 405 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Banja Luka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banja Luka
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Writing replies on the..."
- Commented on one of Odiseya's Banja Luka tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Local fast food "
- Wrote a Review Local fast food about Cap Cap in Banja Luka Restaurants
- updated a Banja Luka Travel Page "Banja Luka - Krayina beauty"
- Uploaded a Video to Banja Luka
- Odiseya created a new itinerary Visit Banja Luka.
- Commented on the Banja Luka travel guide
Photos in Banja LukaSee All Photos (405)
Videos in Banja LukaSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banja Luka Intro, 222 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Doboj Intro, 89 reviews, 233 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banja Vrucica Intro, 57 reviews, 137 photos
- Karlovy Vary Intro, 58 reviews, 124 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 52 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novi Sad Intro, 52 reviews, 80 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Prnjavor Intro, 37 reviews, 75 photos
- Moscow Intro, 50 reviews, 55 photos