"Dingli" Dingli by Aunt_Bertha
Dingli Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 92 photos
Dingli is a small, friendly village located on Malta's west coast and dangling from a 250 m high plateau, making it one of the highest points of interest in Malta. From there you have a fantastic view of the Maltese coast and the Mediterranean sea in general and of the tiny, mysterious, deserted island of Filfla in particular. I love the Dingli area! The village and the cliffs were named after the English knight Sir Thomas Dingli who made the area his home (and who wouldn't like to live with such a view) in the 16th century.
I guess it might also be informative to mention that Dingli is 13 km away from the capital city of Valletta. The closest city is Rabat, which is about 2 km away.
And last but not least Dingli is also famous for its mysterious car ruts nearby that compete for the mystery award with Filfla.
- Pros:Dangling from a fairly high and perfectly scenic location.
- Cons:Don't fall off!
- In a nutshell:A magnificent and mysterious place with breathtaking views.
Aunt_Bertha's Related Pages
Dingli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A must on my list ? Dingli cliffs"
- "Dingli Cliffs, a walk in the sun"
- "Dingli Cliffs"
- "Dingli - The village on a cliff !"
- "Dingli cliffs, Malta's Highest Point!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dingli
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Dingli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dingli
Top 10 Pages
- Voroklini Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mizpe Ramon Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Speyer Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Schwetzingen Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Castelnou Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Basel Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Zurrieq Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Colera Intro, 1 review, 4 photos