"Orange" Orange by Aunt_Bertha
Orange Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 136 photos
Orange is located in the Provence. Historians are no longer sure if the city received its name as a result of the first orange tree that was planted in Orange, France or because of the orange-colored walls of many of Orange's buildings. I noticed that some of them, however, were red, yellow, pink, and even blue. Perhaps Orange's name was given to Orange by the French mobile phone network provider "Orange" that may or may not have their headquarters in Orange.
One of the most impressive ancient Roman theaters can be found in Orange as well as many oranges in the produce shops in downtown.
Some of Orange's sister cities are Orange in Orange County, California, USA and Rastatt, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Whereas it's obvious why Orange would be the sister city of Orange, it still escapes me what Rastatt has to do with oranges. Yet, it's not impossible that the first orange tree in Germany was planted in Rastatt or that many of its buildings are painted in orange as well. Rastatt is certainly not the headquarters of the German mobile phone network provider "Orange" as that's called "Blau" (blue) in Germany.
- Pros:The orange way of life.
- Cons:It's not as orange as the name suggests.
- In a nutshell:Orange is the New Blue.
Aunt_Bertha's Related Pages
Orange Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Orange, an ancient Romans city"
- "Savour Orange's outstanding Roman antiquity"
- "The Oldest Active Theater In The World"
- "Miniature Rome"
- "Girls in Orange!"
- "The Gate to the Provence"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orange
- Hotels in Orange
- Restaurants in Orange
- Warnings and Dangers in Orange
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orange
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Orange?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orange
Top 10 Pages
- Voroklini Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mizpe Ramon Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Speyer Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Schwetzingen Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Castelnou Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Basel Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Zurrieq Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Colera Intro, 1 review, 4 photos