"Wissembourg" Wissembourg by Aunt_Bertha
Wissembourg Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 361 photos
Wissembourg is a lovely little town in Alsace and luckily not too far from where I live. We like to visit there frequently, just to stroll around in the picturesque old city or to buy delicious French wine and cheese.
The town was founded in the 7th century and is one of the most interesting (in my opinion) in Northern Alsace. Wissembourg is the starting point of the Romanesque Road in Alsace. Parts of the old town fortification still exist, you can walk along on it and enjoy great views of the old city. The old city boasts a fairly large number of half-timbered houses and beautiful Romanesque buildings. A little river called Lauter happily runs through the town. The atmosphere is relaxed and happy just like the little Lauter river, the weather is usually mild, and the vineyards are not far. The residents are proud of their charming little town and I definitely agree with them.
- Pros:Charming little town, city fortification, half-timbered houses, Romanesque buildings.
- Cons:I haven't noticed any.
- In a nutshell:A lovely place to visit frequently, if you live nearby.
Aunt_Bertha's Related Pages
Wissembourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WISSEMBOURG - WELCOME TO THE ALSACE"
- "Welcome to WISSEMBOURG"
- "Wissembourg - lovely gem of L'Alsace"
- "Bienvenue à Wissembourg!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wissembourg
- Hotels in Wissembourg
- Transportation in Wissembourg
- Restaurants in Wissembourg
- Shopping in Wissembourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wissembourg
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Wissembourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wissembourg
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Speyer Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Schwetzingen Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Basel Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Zurrieq Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Utrecht Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Larnaca Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Annweiler am Trifels Intro, 1 review, 3 photos