Beijing Transportation Tips by LysDor
Beijing Transportation: 461 reviews and 451 photos
Roads are in a fairly good condition. At least the one leading to the airport as it has a toll (see picture with that awesome chinese toll-gate!) but also the one going to The Great Wall (Badaling)!
Type: Car/Motor Home
Red taxis are cheap, easy and a safe way to travel within Beijing. The taxis have meters and are very reliable. I've never had any single problem!!
Try to avoid the most difficult traffic jam hours like in the morning and late afternoon. Always choose the side of the road so that the taxis don´t need to make turns, you save time.
Show on the map the chinese name of the place where you want to travel.
Despite the huge increase of cars, bikes have always been the most used vehicle in Beijing.
Even during winter time...
More Reviews (20)
- LOOK UNDER GENERAL TIPS
- See All RU YA RESTAURANT
- See All CHINESE FURNITURES...
- EAST LAKE VILLAS
- FORBIDDEN CITY
LysDor's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 23 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 90 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 58 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 46 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Loviisa Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Forbidden City- 387 Reviews, 777 Photos
- Great Wall - Mutianyu- 78 Reviews, 214 Photos
- Tiananmen Square- 280 Reviews, 483 Photos
- Summer Palace- 155 Reviews, 298 Photos
- Lama Temple - Yonghegong- 63 Reviews, 141 Photos
- Temple of Heaven- 167 Reviews, 337 Photos
- Hutongs - Bell and Drum Towers- 95 Reviews, 200 Photos
- Wangfujing Street- 44 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Great Wall- 145 Reviews, 226 Photos
- Great Wall - Badaling- 83 Reviews, 201 Photos
See All Beijing Things to Do