"HAAPSALU TOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Haapsalu by LysDor
Haapsalu Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 306 photos
A day trip to Haapsalu town is enough to see its castle from 15th century and surroundings.
The castle has been the battle scene of wars and was conquered by Swedes and Russians.
In 1715 the castle was blown up by Tsar Peter I in order to prevent its use as a stronghold.
But it's not just an ancient battlefield it's also a great place to relax by the sea and still stay away from mass tourism in an idyllic small town!
For more information check the official site: CLICK HERE more travel advice
Ridala is an old village from as early as the 8th century. Ridala church is the only church where the medieval frescos... more travel advice
LysDor's Related Pages
Haapsalu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HAAPSALU TOWN"
- "Haapsalu- Small Town with Great History"
- "Step back in time at Haapsalu"
- "Bonio's trip to Haapsalu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haapsalu
- Hotels in Haapsalu
- Transportation in Haapsalu
- Nightlife in Haapsalu
- Restaurants in Haapsalu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haapsalu
- 13 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Haapsalu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haapsalu
Photos in HaapsaluSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 58 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 46 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Loviisa Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues