"A GOURMET PARADISE FOR LOVERS OF ALL KIND" Brussels by LysDor

Brussels Travel Guide: 5,650 reviews and 11,941 photos

LE ROY D'ESPAGNE

This is the first place I come when I'm in Brussels.
Just sitting inside this gorgeous building which is one of the grandest guildhouses (the bakers') or outside on the terrace during summertime.

It is so peaceful to admire all the beauty of GRAND-PLACE from there, the most beautiful market place in the World (according to me and Victor Hugo!).

Inside this 3 storage estaminet waiters wear traditional aprons, pigs' bladders hang from the ceiling and there is a stuffed horse inside.
Oh, and do not forget your 30cents when going to the toilets on week-ends, lol!

The reason I love so much this country is that I used to live here for 7 years. I'm still keeping coming back as often as I can because otherwise I'll start feeling desperate and sad.
Here in Finland I also had the chance to work 10 years for the former airline company SABENA and at that time was able to visit Belgium more often for business as well as for my own pleasure.
.......................
Now I'll try to go there with groups and friends to show them that it is far more than just European Union HQ...

Live visit of Grand-Place

BELGIAN BEER CULTURE

...my latest trip to the Lambic area of BEERSEL where I was in September 2002 with a group of finnish belonging to a Club de Bière! !
It was just fan-tas-tic...

Read the story HERE!

• Intro Updated Dec 30, 2008

• melosh's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2009 at 6:14 AM

Stumbled onto your great Brussels pages. Have you been back recently?

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 1:44 AM

Another high quality page Tiina. I remember the La B'casse bar from your photo!

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2004 at 8:05 AM

Tiina, was wondering if you managed to make all that HTML disappear... hard work ;-) but what a wonderful page still... BTW, too much good restaurants to try in Brussels. Regards.

• benidormone's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 11:20 AM

I really enjoyed your Brussels pages!

• sean65's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2004 at 1:56 AM

Thanks for the De Hoef tip - great steak, lovely setting

• johanl's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2004 at 12:16 AM

Awesome page on Brussels. Very well written and indeed a city for the gourmets. Parfait. A description of Brussels that it deserves.

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2004 at 5:24 AM

I really feel it, you like Brussels. :)

• Mahieu's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2003 at 8:33 AM

Very nice travelogue pictures!!!

• Ronald_T's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2003 at 2:26 PM

Excellent restaurant tips Tiina. Going to have dinner in Spinnekopke on my next visit. Great pics and info Tiina. Hmm, and mussels, I really miss them here ;-)

• RitchiS1's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2003 at 8:29 PM

Lots of great pics in your trav.

LysDor

“* * * Travels are flowers in World`s garden * * *”

Badges & Stats in Brussels

Have you been to Brussels?

Photos in Brussels