"ALGARVE" Olhos de Água by LysDor

Olhos de Água Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 31 photos

Portugal has always been close to my heart as my parents used to take me to Lisbon every summer enjoying beach life when I was a child. I don't have any pictures of that time - only some vague memories of me throwing a ball to my dad and that horrible feeling of salty water in my mouth when I almost drowned. I remember also the taste of the ice-cream I ate after that minor accident - it was just like the smell of that white glue I was using in kindergarden - sweet almond - and no it wasn't cyanide :-)! I remember that we lived in an old house with big wooden beds so high I had to literally climb on it. Oh yes and that Christ on the cross! Each and every room had it's own hanging above beds - I was terryfied by it at first (hey I was only 4 years old) as never seen one before inside a house!

I did this trip to Algarve 12 years ago and stayed in Olhos de Agua near Albufeira. Not so many photos from my one week holiday as I went there for the beachlife and the sun. I still managed to spend 2 days touring a little bit the cost. While scanning these pictures I had a hard (really hard!!) time to figure out what was on them so if there are no accurate comments it's because I can't remember them anymore LOL!

• Last visit to Olhos de Água: Oct 1989
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2003

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2003 at 6:53 AM

truly amazing you still know the names of the beaches and locations you've been... when you feel "saudade" just come back...

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2003 at 2:05 PM

Very nice page.Good info and pics. Greetings from Portugal.

• d_d's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2003 at 3:37 AM

Great page! After seeing that food, I want to eat it...Yuhm! Great pics!:-)

LysDor

“* * * Travels are flowers in World`s garden * * *”

Badges & Stats in Olhos de Água

Have you been to Olhos de Água?

Latest Activity in Olhos de Água