"ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK..." Bangkok by LysDor
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,353 reviews and 22,990 photos
...or maybe two! I would say it is the average time needed for a stay in Bangkok.
A song came into my mind. It is from the musical "Chess" and you might know it: "One Night In Bangkok". Some of the words just remind me how one could feel while staying in this extraordinary city:
"One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
A little flesh, a little history
I can feel an angel sliding up to me
One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me.
My very first visit to the City of Angels was in 1975. I remember the excitement of going in a faraway country and not knowing what was to come. Until then I had only travelled to nearby European countries.
The longhaul flight was awesome. Before landing breakfast was served - there was a red rose on the tray - and I watched the sun rising from behind the Himalayas. What a view!
When the aircraft door opened and I stepped out - I encountered my first shock - the air was so HOT and HUMID something I had never experienced before!
I have returned many times to Thailand, since. I always stay only a couple of nights in Bangkok before going to a resort: Phuket, Hua Hin. The city is so polluted and has a 24H life rythm in a total chaos that is hard for anyone not accustomed to it to bear it for a very long time!
Exceptionnally my first visit lasted one week because I planned and wanted to see all and every Buddhas and Temples in Bangkok!
One of the trips I enjoyed the most - as it was very early in the morning, the air was 'fresh' and everything was... more travel advice
LysDor's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 16 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 75 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
- Posted in Travel Helsinki Forum "Re: taking an 8 year old to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "DRINK"
- updated a Bangkok Travelogue "BANGKOK TEMPLES & ARCHITECTURE"
- Wrote a Review THE FLOATING MARKET about Damnoen Saduak Floating Market in Bangkok Things to Do
- Commented on one of Jimmytravel's Bangkok travel pages
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 58 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 27 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 46 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Loviisa Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues