"ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK..." Bangkok by LysDor

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,365 reviews and 23,038 photos

...or maybe two! I would say it is the average time needed for a stay in Bangkok.

Bangkok a magical, glittering and chaotic city

A song came into my mind. It is from the musical "Chess" and you might know it: "One Night In Bangkok". Some of the words just remind me how one could feel while staying in this extraordinary city:

"One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
A little flesh, a little history
I can feel an angel sliding up to me
One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me.

My very first visit to the City of Angels was in 1975. I remember the excitement of going in a faraway country and not knowing what was to come. Until then I had only travelled to nearby European countries.
The longhaul flight was awesome. Before landing breakfast was served - there was a red rose on the tray - and I watched the sun rising from behind the Himalayas. What a view!
When the aircraft door opened and I stepped out - I encountered my first shock - the air was so HOT and HUMID something I had never experienced before!

I have returned many times to Thailand, since. I always stay only a couple of nights in Bangkok before going to a resort: Phuket, Hua Hin. The city is so polluted and has a 24H life rythm in a total chaos that is hard for anyone not accustomed to it to bear it for a very long time!

Exceptionnally my first visit lasted one week because I planned and wanted to see all and every Buddhas and Temples in Bangkok!

• Last visit to Bangkok: Feb 1993
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2004

LysDor

“* * * Travels are flowers in World`s garden * * *”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok