Montreal Local Custom Tips by acemj
Montreal Local Customs: 198 reviews and 216 photos
Well, yes it's true that Montreal is French speaking, but I found that it's the most bilingual place I've ever seen. Of course, it's polite to attempt to speak a little French, but if you don't know how, you won't experience any rudeness. The people are extremely friendly.
The phones are also bilingual. Simply press the button for "English" and you'll be all set. The Canadian country code is 1, so to call the USA, you just dial "1" as if making a long-distance call in the States.
More Reviews (56)
- Capture the moments
- Step off the trodden path
- See All Blue altar
- See All Architectural beauty
- See All Montreal Expos
- See All Your carriage awaits!
acemj's Related Pages
Montreal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bienvenue a Montreal! (Welcome!!!)"
- "A Wonderful Winter Weekend!"
- "Fall in love with Montréal..."
- "MONTRÉAL - our entry to Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montreal
- Hotels in Montreal
- Transportation in Montreal
- Nightlife in Montreal
- Restaurants in Montreal
- Shopping in Montreal
- Warnings and Dangers in Montreal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montreal
- 57 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Montreal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montreal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (119)
- Old Montreal- 152 Reviews, 256 Photos
- Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal- 109 Reviews, 172 Photos
- Mont-Royal- 85 Reviews, 159 Photos
- Space for Life - Montreal Botanical Garden- 51 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Space for Life - Biodôme- 46 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Downtown- 37 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Saint Joseph?s Oratory of Mount Royal- 37 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Olympic Village- 31 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Cathedrale Marie Reine du Monde- 23 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Chinatown- 22 Reviews, 50 Photos
See All Montreal Things to Do