"Bryce Canyon: Hoodoo Magic" Bryce Canyon National Park by acemj
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 588 reviews and 1,464 photos
Along the eastern edge of the Paunsaugunt Plateau in Southern Utah you'll find a magical place of rocks of all colors and shapes. The amazing sights of Bryce Canyon National Park are the result of thousands of years of erosion. If you stare at the rocks long enough, soon you'll be able to imagine almost anything.
I spent the day looking into the pink and red rocks trying to come up with creative things that I thought I might be seeing ("hey look, that looks like a bull's head in that rock!).
The Bryce Canyon area includes, Bryce Canyon National Park, the Capitol Reef National Park and the Grand Staircase National Monument. About 80 miles south, you'll find Zion National Park which I've highlighted in the off-the-beaten track section of this page.
The rocks jutting up toward the sky are magnificent and awe-inspiring. These interesting formations are called hoodoos and they are found throughout the area in a series of naturally formed ampitheaters. The magic of these hoodoos is in their mercurial nature. Seeing them in different lights and seasons creates a new impression every time.
The best way to see the area is to stop at the visitor's center, grab a map and head out on foot.
***Note*** The pictures on this page are NOT mine. Visiting this area was an unplanned stop on a road trip for me and I didn't take any pictures of my own.
Well, I didn't actually see any tourists get trapped in there, but it could happen! more travel advice
Grand Staircase National Monument connects to Bryce Canyon National Park and provides spectacular view, great wildlife... more travel advice
acemj's Related Pages
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Hoodoos and Queens"
- "Bryce Canyon – magic encounters with artist Earth"
- "Don't Think Thrice, Bryce is All Right!"
- "Hoodoo's-NOt Boo Hoo's"
- "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- "Bryce Canyon National Park"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 16 Bryce Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bryce Canyon National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon National Park
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Bryce Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Hair Salon near Center"
- Commented on one of giampiero6's Bryce Canyon National Park travel pages
- created a Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Page "Bryce Canyon: Hoodoo Magic"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bryce Canyon: Hoodoo Magic"
- Wrote a Review Well, I didn't actually see... in Bryce Canyon National Park Tourist Traps
Photos in Bryce Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos