"Lexington, SC: Greek for the evening" Lexington by acemj

Lexington Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 20 photos

Strange as it may sound, I had to go to South Carolina to become Greek for a night! I have a Bulgarian friend who used to go to school in nearby Columbia and worked at a Greek-owned restaurant in Lexington. He and his wife were planning to attend Greek night and invited me to join them and immerse myself in all things Greek. Why not? I love culturally based celebrations and the chance to eat Greek food, drink Greek wine and Ouzo, listen to Greek music and dance Greek dances was too much to pass up.

We had a great night partying well into the morning hours, meeting new people and talking with three generations of the owner's family. If you're ever in Lexington, swing by the Main Street Cafe and Grill and say hi to Georges and Monique and the rest of their family and you won't be treated as a mere visitor, but will be welcomed as a new friend.

• Last visit to Lexington: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2004

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 2:31 PM

Great Greek day.night you had there... thanks for the warning :-).

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2004 at 3:58 PM

Well, well, well... I did not know your Zorba's side, Mark... A little ouzo and you are the king of the ballroom!!! ;-)

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2004 at 5:25 AM

I think I'm gonna have a hangover later just from reading this page!! hahaha

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2004 at 9:17 AM

Nice page! I would have had fun there with y'all.

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Lexington

Have you been to Lexington?

Latest Activity in Lexington