"Don't speed by Gaffney!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Gaffney by acemj

Gaffney Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 48 photos

Speed limit: 60mph

If you're driving on I-85 North on your way to Charlotte, you're destined to pass through Gaffney, South Carolina. VT member, b1bob and I decided to make a slight detour on our way back from Asheville to Charlotte and, in a twist of fate, I ended up getting pulled over by one of South Carolina's finest state troopers doing 80 in a 60! Oops.

Not wanting to have the points follow me on my insurance record, I decided to make the hour drive back to Gaffney from Charlotte and appear in court to enter a plea that would prevent my insurance rates from getting jacked up to those of my teenage years.

Here are some of my impressions . . .

• Last visit to Gaffney: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2003

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2006 at 5:51 AM

I love your water tower picture. I have one on my Gaffney page also but its not very clear and looks dark. I always think the water tower looks like a giant butt.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2003 at 5:57 PM

The water tower is not only impressive but funny as well :-)))

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2003 at 11:18 AM

150 dollars! that was an expensive trip

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2003 at 10:53 AM

I thought you said, no lo comprendo....lol

• KaiM's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2003 at 4:02 PM

150 bucks! I guess Gaffney can buy lots of new peach plants of your money. Maybe you gave the local economy a boost with that money.

• AndyRG's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 7:33 AM

What an... exciting visit to that point of the community, eh? But the most possible is that the place won't be less... dead by using your money... hehe

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2003 at 9:39 AM

An expensive detour :-) I'm sure your contribution to Gaffney was welcomed. The water tower is so cute.

• stonefree's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2003 at 1:45 AM

Totally agree with Simone ; ) Still, mercy you made this great page : )

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 6:49 PM

These peaches are in fact much bigger that the ones in other places... ;-))

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 4:30 PM

Oops... indeed :-((( Why are they always hiding in those unsuspected places?! The peach water tower looks like fun :-))

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Gaffney

Have you been to Gaffney?

Latest Activity in Gaffney