"Newport, Rhode Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Newport by acemj

Newport Travel Guide: 437 reviews and 1,463 photos

Newport, Old Money

This was a quick trip, so this is likewise quickly readable page. I had been wanting to visit Newport for a few years to see the famous mansions that line its equally famous Cliff Walk. What I discovered was a relaxing place with a definitely tourist-friendly main street, plenty of good seafood and shops to choose from and, of course, those staggering mansions.

• Last visit to Newport: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2006

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2007 at 6:38 PM

We hit Newport some years ago for a weekend. The mansion tour was great, as was the park at the Souith End with the great kite-flying. You made a nice page here, and yeah we had several lousy meals. Nice images. N.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2006 at 6:26 PM

Nice page, I've been thinking about making a road trip here for a while now.

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2006 at 6:30 PM

Thx for the tips!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2006 at 5:24 PM

Nice state and coast. Not to mention food and nightlife I suppose... Some day I hit my car there for sure. I'm always up for a road trip, too :-)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2006 at 2:31 AM

Impressive mansions combined with the sea coast, a trip I would not mind doing myself! Thanks for the warning on the Restaurant too! Nice for this glimpse into a State that I've driven past so many times.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 12:15 PM

nice to see your new page !

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 10:00 AM

Good concise tips for Newport. Thanks, Mark.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 9:35 AM

Nice beginning on Newport.

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Newport

Have you been to Newport?

Latest Activity in Newport