"Fantastic Philly! My homebase." Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia by acemj

Philadelphia Travel Guide: 2,096 reviews and 4,059 photos

Quick, name the top five cities in the world for great food!

What did you come up with? New York? Paris? Hong Kong? London? San Francisco? Madrid? Singapore?

What about Philadelphia? Did you know that Philly is a whole lot more than brash sports fans and cheez-whiz filled sandwiches? Did you know that Philly has arguably the richest history of any city in the States? Did you know that Philly's restaurants are consistently ranked among the nation's best? UPDATE: The January 2004 issue of Saveur magazine lists Philadelphia as the most underrated food town in America.

History, culture, dining, people.
Philadelphia has it all. It's cutting edge with an old-school, blue collar attitude. You'll come to see Independence Hall and you'll be surprised by Society Hill. You'll come for South Philly's Little Italy and you'll get Chinatown to boot.
You'll come for cheesesteak and you'll dine on the finest French food outside of the Left Bank. In short, Philly is more than you expect.

I moved to Philly in July of 2004 and I'm loving it so far, but even before moving here, it was one of the cities I knew best since I had visited approximately 35 times since 1995.

Enjoy!

Why I moved to Philly . . .

The City of Avuncular Love . . .

• Intro Updated Jul 12, 2007

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Happy Birthday! have a great day! am coming back to see yr philly page a bit later looks fabulous!...ive had a great start with your amazing range of restaurant tips esp the korean barb pic that caught the corner of my eye! its one of my best friend in Sydney and I's fave when we get together there so am missing it!but did have a great couple of days walking all over Philly a few years back!

• irisha's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2009 at 8:39 AM

amazing page on Philly you have here! with lots of useful information (e.g. nightlife ;). thanks for sharing!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Great page of Philly. Visited once long time ago, Liberty Bell and Longwood Gardens. Wish I saw the Rodin Museum... Next time :)

• ChrisRJ's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2008 at 7:33 AM

Might be time to take the 5 Spot off the nightlife list......even for roasting marshmallows!

• VZ-Pam's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2008 at 12:58 PM

very informative pages, impressive : )

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Great page, Mark! I especially like the great beer tips -- I'll have to check some of those places out. Also, thanks for giving some coverage across the river. Best from New Jersey, Bill

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2008 at 8:18 PM

Hey youuu! One more year that I can say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a blast and a year full of travels.... when are you coming back to Mexico!? ;) Many happy returns and my best wishes to you. Cheers!

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 6:45 AM

Is this the OLd town section of Philly? If so, haven't been there in 20 years.

• Oct 29, 2007 at 8:13 PM

GREAT PAGE, MARK.

• makiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Hi, Just got back from Philly and wish I'd checked your rest. picks first...next time, I guess. Wow, chinatown restaurants with Bitter Melon...I havent run into that except in Toronto or SF...thats great. Thanks, Rob PS Keep in touch

acemj Lives Here!

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Philadelphia

Have you been to Philadelphia?

Latest Activity in Philadelphia