"Fantastic Philly! My homebase." Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia by acemj
Philadelphia Travel Guide: 2,214 reviews and 4,547 photos
Quick, name the top five cities in the world for great food!
What did you come up with? New York? Paris? Hong Kong? London? San Francisco? Madrid? Singapore?
What about Philadelphia? Did you know that Philly is a whole lot more than brash sports fans and cheez-whiz filled sandwiches? Did you know that Philly has arguably the richest history of any city in the States? Did you know that Philly's restaurants are consistently ranked among the nation's best? UPDATE: The January 2004 issue of Saveur magazine lists Philadelphia as the most underrated food town in America.
History, culture, dining, people.
Philadelphia has it all. It's cutting edge with an old-school, blue collar attitude. You'll come to see Independence Hall and you'll be surprised by Society Hill. You'll come for South Philly's Little Italy and you'll get Chinatown to boot.
You'll come for cheesesteak and you'll dine on the finest French food outside of the Left Bank. In short, Philly is more than you expect.
I moved to Philly in July of 2004 and I'm loving it so far, but even before moving here, it was one of the cities I knew best since I had visited approximately 35 times since 1995.
My buddy Tom, who happens to be or Korean descent, hasn't steered me wrong so far when I let him choose the restaurant... more travel advice
This place is not exactly authentic Mexican fare, but it's tasty and cheap. Inside you'll find local artwork displayed... more travel advice
- See All Asian grocer
- See All Festivals and goings on . . .
- See All Camera gear
- See All Laurel Hill Cemetery
- See All Marathon/Distance Run
- See All Longwood Gardens
acemj's Related Pages
Philadelphia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Philly! My homebase."
- "Philadelphia - Birthplace of the U.S.A!"
- "PHILADELPHIA--Brotherly Love And More"
- "Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley"
- "City of Brotherly Love"
- "I LIKE my history with a shot and a beer!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philadelphia
- Hotels in Philadelphia
- Transportation in Philadelphia
- Nightlife in Philadelphia
- Restaurants in Philadelphia
- Shopping in Philadelphia
- Warnings and Dangers in Philadelphia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Philadelphia
- 154 Reviews
- 174 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 136 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Philadelphia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philadelphia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos