"Longwood Gardens" Top 5 Page for this destination Kennett Square by acemj
Kennett Square Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 126 photos
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania is only about a 45 minute ride from Philly. However, other than a Dairy Queen that I visited, I couldn't tell you much about the town outside of the world famous horticultural masterpiece that is located there. Somehow I lost a bunch of pictures from Longwood Gardens, but hopefully this page will give you a taste of all there is to explore. Longwood is open year-round and I'm looking forward to visiting again in different seasons to see the many faces of the place.
It was the vision of the famous industrialist Pierre du Pont and today is considered one of the world's premiere horticulural displays. There are over 1000 acres of gardens to display with over 11,000 types of plants, many fountains, a conservatory and great paths to explore.
The garden is divided into an East and a West Garden. Some of the highlights of the East Garden include:
The Open Air Theatre
The Peirce -du Pont House
The Italian Water Garden
The Rose Arbor
The West Garden features:
The Topiary Garden
The Main Fountains
The Chimes Tower and Waterfall
The Eye of Water
and much more!
The park is popular for weddings and photo shoots of all kinds (like a VT photo shoot). It's open everyday of the year at 9am. Some of the displays are open until later than others, so check out the Longwood Gardens website for specifics. For internet-based driving directions, use 1001 Longwood Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348 as the address. The website also tells you how to arrive via public transportation.
This is pretty cool. You'll notice a couple half-moon shaped cement benches around the gardens and if two people sit on... more travel advice
I went to Longwood Gardens with my sister and my nephew and spent the day exploring the massive complex. It's a great... more travel advice
acemj's Related Pages
Kennett Square Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Longwood Gardens at Christmas"
- "Kennett Square"
- "LONGWOOD GARDENS"
- "Longwood Gardens"
- " THE LAND OF MUSHROOMS AND FLOWERS "
- "JVENUTO's new Kennett Square Page"
- "Mid-Summer at Longwood Gardens"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kennett Square
- Nightlife in Kennett Square
- Restaurants in Kennett Square
- Shopping in Kennett Square
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kennett Square
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Kennett Square?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kennett Square
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos