"Syracuse" Top 5 Page for this destination Syracuse by acemj

Syracuse Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 354 photos

I've been to Syracuse twice now, most recently in March of 2006 to go see Billy Joel in concert at the Carrier Dome. Great show, great friends and a great time, but is Syracuse a great town? Well, I don't know that I'm an expert, but I do know that it's not the type of place that I could live.

If you're more of a small town person, you might love it in Syracuse. There are some intersting buildings in the historic downtown and the Armory Square district has a thriving nightlife scene (although you could probably do all the bars in two or three weekends). Most of the people that I met here were living here for just a short time. Resident doctors and grad students were common, but I didn't get to have a real conversation with anyone who had grown up here and really knows the place well.

Hopefully someday, I'll return to Syracuse and learn a bit more about the cultural opporunities, the economy and the history of the place, but for now, my memories are mostly of beery nights and gray skies.

• Last visit to Syracuse: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 27, 2006

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2006 at 4:08 PM

All the way up there and you drank LaBatt's Blue. What about some shots of The Tusk?! Just busting on ya as I didn't see any Belgium pages started yet. ;)

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2006 at 10:03 AM

Great page here Mark, I have been here and loved it. Beautiful buildings and a little town feeling. Sounds like you had a great time! I'm with you, to old for that kinda thing any more. Great info & photos, thanks again. :o)

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 11:56 AM

yep me too, gettin too old for serious partying and I don't miss it. honest page Mark

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 9:02 AM

A great little page on the nightlife options in Syracuse!! Now I don't feel so bad about not partying any more! Hope you are recovered now for your Birthday!!!!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 8:26 AM

NIce page on Syracuse! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Syracuse

Have you been to Syracuse?

Latest Activity in Syracuse