"Portsmouth, New Hampshire" Portsmouth by acemj

Portsmouth Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 1,296 photos

Well, I had hoped to spend more time in Portsmouth, but my friend and I mistakenly drove right on through and ended up in Portland, Maine for most of the day! On the way back to Boston, we stopped in Portsmouth and spent a few hours walking around this charming town located in the northeast corner of New Hampshire right on the Maine border.

My first impression of Portsmouth was that it is a peaceful place that is beautiful for photographing its quiet lanes and waterfront sights. It reminded me of a small English fishing village, which makes perfect sense if you study the history of the place.

My friend (VT member Zack01) and I wondered who lives in Portsmouth and what industries outside of fishing and tourism thrive here? Hmmm. I wish I had more time to find the answers, but nonetheless, my time here, though brief, was well spent and relaxing.

• Last visit to Portsmouth: May 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 17, 2002

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 5:40 AM

Thanks for the tips. We'll be driving up there tomorrow. Hoping to tour Strawbery Banke.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2003 at 4:08 AM

I not only found a page I missed, I missed ALL this stuff on my very brief trip to Portsmouth years ago. Just guess where I was and what you missed? ;=>

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2003 at 12:04 PM

I've been thruough Portsmouth so many times! But I'm embarassed to say I've never stopped except for gas and snacks!! I'd love to see the Strawbery Banke. I love living history museums!

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2003 at 6:13 PM

Funny thing is, I'll be here this weekend too.... thanks for the tips.

• ymike2000's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2003 at 7:09 AM

A great place to spend an afternoon!

• Feb 10, 2003 at 6:52 AM

We'll all go there sometime...
    A peaceful protest is not a protest...

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2002 at 2:24 PM

I was right- another great "acemj" page.

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2002 at 8:53 PM

Great Information, I`m going there in October!

• Jeanlyon's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2002 at 3:57 AM

Wanted to see another Portsmouth - think I`ve been here years

• Jul 19, 2002 at 8:43 PM

looks like you had great weather

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Portsmouth

Have you been to Portsmouth?

Latest Activity in Portsmouth