"Sleepy Southport" Southport by acemj
Southport Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 62 photos
Southport is a small town 30 miles down the Cape Fear River from Wilmington, NC. I only spent a couple hours here, but in that time I discovered a quiet town that doesn't seem too concerned that some of its neighboring towns attract more tourists. Southport seems content to remain a sleepy little town situated in a beautiful spot overlooking the last stretch of the river before it empties into the Atlantic Ocean.
I drove to the Airlie Gardens hoping to take some nice photos, but they were closed. This place offer 67 acres of... more travel advice
Watch out for an aerial assault by overhead (& overfed) seagulls! more travel advice
acemj's Related Pages
Southport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sleepy Southport"
- "biggdogg's new Southport Page"
- "ICW Southport - the South Side of North Carolina"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Southport
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Southport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Southport
Photos in SouthportSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos