"Gastonia (and its environs)" Gastonia by acemj
Gastonia Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 24 photos
Gastonia is the biggest city in Gaston County and sits about 35 minutes west of where I live in Charlotte, North Carolina (Mecklenburg County). I used to go to Gastonia quite often when it was part of my sales territory from a previous job, but these days I usually just drive right through. While Gastonia is not really a tourist destination, it does give the visitor an idea of what true life working America is all about. Gaston County is the biggest manufacturing county in North Carolina, but it also has a few sights worth checking out.
(The above picture is of Crowder's Lake at the base of Crowder's Mountain in West Gastonia)
When you walk to King's Pinnacle, you can choose to take the more difficult Pinnacle's Trail or to go by way of the... more travel advice
Be careful when you're climbing in Crowder's Mountain State Park. There are no railings at the top, but if you stay on... more travel advice
acemj's Related Pages
Gastonia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gastonia (and its environs)"
- "Gastonia, NC"
- "Gastonia & Gaston County, North Carolina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gastonia
- Nightlife in Gastonia
- Shopping in Gastonia
- Warnings and Dangers in Gastonia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gastonia
- 20 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Gastonia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gastonia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos