Concord Sports & Outdoors Tips by acemj
Concord Sports & Outdoors: 2 reviews and 2 photos
acemj chillin' at LMS
The greater Charlotte area is Nascar central. Personally, I don't really get what's so exciting about watching cars driving around in circles, but then again, I'm sure there's much more to it. I'll admit my ignorance in this area, but sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
There must be something intriguing about it, since Nascar has become America's second most popular spectator sport (only behind the National Football League). Many of the drivers live in the Charlotte/Concord area and have there garages and offices near the speedway.
You can pay $5 and tour the facilities, getting a behind the scenes look at the garage areas, pit road, the Victory Circle and it even includes a comfortable van ride around the 1.5 mile track. Or, you can do like I did and just drive around the track to gate 5B, where you'll find the gift shop and an open gate. You can walk in and see the speedway from the stands for FREE. This place routinely fills up its 250,000 capacity, so that alone is something to behold!
Check out the LMS website for details and schedule of races.
Directions: From Charlotte, take I-85 North to exit 49. Hang a right on Speedway Blvd and it's about 2 miles down the road.
Phone: (704) 455-3204
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (10)
acemj's Related Pages
Concord Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Concord, North Carolina"
- "Concord, NC: hyped for all the wrong reasons"
- "Nice little Town!!"
- "Concord, NC"
- "Concord NC"
- "Concord North Carolina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Concord
- Transportation in Concord
- Nightlife in Concord
- Restaurants in Concord
- Shopping in Concord
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ban Kata
- Jondal Hotels
- Cilegon Hotels
- Basse-Normandie Hotels
- Gaeta Hotels
- Puerto Villamil
- Santorini Island Sports & Outdoors
- Land Hessen Sports & Outdoors
- Scheveningen Sports & Outdoors
- Pulau Tioman Sports & Outdoors
- Taiwan Sports & Outdoors
- Swimming Pools
- Hurghada Sports & Outdoors
- Penang Sports & Outdoors
- Baku Sports & Outdoors
- Guangzhou Sports & Outdoors
- Armagh Sports & Outdoors
- Yellowknife Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Concord
- 11 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Concord?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Concord
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos