Charlotte Packing List Tips by acemj Top 5 Page for this destination
Charlotte What to Pack: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Miscellaneous: You'll probably rent a car and drive around so it's a good idea to get a map. Charlotte roads can be a bit confusing at times with some streets changing names multiple times. You might be driving down Idlewild Road one minute and the next minute, you're on Rama Road. Then the road changes names again and becomes Sardis Road. Next thing you know, it's Fairview and then Tyvola Road. By this time, you're totally confused and wishing you had paid more attention to this tip.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Charlotte is very hot and humid between June and August so bring appropriate clothing. February is probably the coldest month, so bring a coat and raingear. It only snow about once a year, and rarely gets below 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
Photo Equipment: The AIA (American Institute of Architects) Convention was just here (May 2002) and I saw a bunch of architects walking around Uptown gazing up at the skyscrapers. It made me think that Charlotte has come a long way and it just might be worth you while to pay us a visit! As always, bring your camera to capture the moments. Bring your camera.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: The mountains and the beaches are all withing driving distance, so bring you hiking boots and beach towels.
More Reviews (206)
- See All Can't deal with the white stuff
- See All A little farther south
- See All Healthy, tasty soups
- See All The University of North Carolina at...
- See All Pineville
- See All Charlotte Bobcats, the NBA is back!!
acemj's Related Pages
Charlotte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Queen City of Charlotte, NC"
- "b1bob does Charlotte in a big way"
- "Charlotte, NC"
- "Queen City of the South"
- "Southern city.....southern charm"
- "Always a great place to visit"
- "Charlotte, NC"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Charlotte
- Hotels in Charlotte
- Transportation in Charlotte
- Nightlife in Charlotte
- Restaurants in Charlotte
- Shopping in Charlotte
- Warnings and Dangers in Charlotte
- See All...
Explore the World
- Neptune City Hotels
- Lake Carey Hotels
- North Western Province Hotels
- Long Island Hotels
- Chile What to Pack
- Caribbean and Central America What to Pack
- Glacier National Park What to Pack
- General advices
- Comfortable Clothes
- South America What to Pack
- Manaus What to Pack
- Pokhara What to Pack
- Kunming What to Pack
- Banff National Park What to Pack
- Baton Rouge What to Pack
- Pittsburgh What to Pack
Badges & Stats in Charlotte
- 208 Reviews
- 263 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 355 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Charlotte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Charlotte
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Hair Salon near Center"
- updated a Charlotte Travel Page "The Queen City of Charlotte, NC"
- Commented on one of etfromnc's Charlotte travel pages
- Wrote a Review Can't deal with the white stuff in Charlotte Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Can't deal with the white stuff"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
Latest Charlotte hotel reviews
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Charlotte - WT Harris
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013
- Mart Inn & Suites Charlotte
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 11, 2013
- Carowinds Camp Wilderness Resort
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne Resort
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Microtel Charlotte Sugar Creek
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2011
- Microtel Inn - Charlotte University Place
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Golden Green Hotel Charlotte
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2013
- Ramada Inn Charlotte
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2013
- Doubletree Guest Suites Charlotte SouthPark
- 326 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- The Blake Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Crowne Plaza Charlotte Hotel
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel
- 228 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge
- 352 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Comfort Inn UNCC Charlotte
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Uptown Architecture and Sights- 20 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Museums- 16 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Public Art- 12 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Carowinds & Amusement Parks- 9 Reviews, 5 Photos
- The Mountains- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Performing Arts/Theaters- 9 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Historic Fourth Ward- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Parks- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Sports- 11 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Lake Norman- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
See All Charlotte Things to Do