"The Cape Fear Coast" Cape Fear by acemj
Cape Fear Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 37 photos
Cape Fear is a small island at the point where the Cape Fear River opens up into the Atlantic Ocean. It also refers to the area surrounding the river from Wilmington in the north, to Cape Fear itself. This page is meant to give you an overview of the entire Cape Fear Coast of southern North Carolina. It's only a three hour drive (okay, I drive way too fast, so maybe four hours for some) from my home in Charlotte and makes a great vacation escape. The hub of the area is Wilmington, but don't stop there. Make sure you take the time to enjoy some water activities. The Cape Fear River and the Atlantic beaches provide ample opportunities for fun in the surf and sun. I'd also recommend looking back at the history of the region by visiting some of the area museums and strolling the historic districts, particularly downtown Wilmington. If you fly into the Cape Fear area, Wilmington International Airport (ILM) will be your gateway, but the true gateway into any place is its citizens. I found the people of this region to be incredibly hospitable and willing to start up conversations at the drop of a hat.
For more detailed information on the region visit my Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, Southport and Brunswick pages.
Just a place to put a map. I placed it here so you can click on it and see it more clearly enlarged. more travel advice
Unless you're a big fan of history, I'd skip Brunswick Town. The historic town and fort were burned down by the British... more travel advice
acemj's Related Pages
Cape Fear Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Cape Fear Coast"
- "Let Wilmington & NC's Cape Fear Coast Surprise You"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Fear
- Hotels in Cape Fear
- Transportation in Cape Fear
- Nightlife in Cape Fear
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Fear
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Cape Fear?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Fear
Photos in Cape FearSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos