"Amazing Asheville" Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville by acemj
Asheville Travel Guide: 396 reviews and 980 photos
I lived in Charlotte from '93 until summer of '04, which is only a two hour drive from the mountain town of Asheville. I loved driving up for a weekend and exploring all that this charming, artistic town has to offer.
It's a great place to come as you are. The people here have a very open and accepting attitude toward young, free-spirits like a lot of us here on Virtual Tourist (and by young, I mean your spirit!).
Asheville is probably the best place I know to learn about mountain folk culture wth many craft stores and folk dance and culture celebrations throughout the year.
For me, Asheville is the place I go to just breathe clean air and to venture off into the mountains and find a trail that I can walk and not see another soul for hours.
George Vanderbilt's mansion is the number one tourist draw in Asheville and is definitely worth the trip all by itself. Do not miss this amazing place!
The Blue Ridge Mountains are so peaceful. They are far less dramatic than the mountains of the western United States. You won't see the jagged peaks like those of the Rockies, but this gentleness is their main appeal to me. This photo was taken from the Vanderbilt's backyard behind the Biltmore Estate.
In Pack Square, at the base of the Vance Monument, you'll see these pig statues that represent the more rural and... more travel advice
In the summertime, the Biltmore Estate offers a great concert series that attracts some fairly big names in music. The... more travel advice
- "Easy there, turbo!"
- See All A shelter from the storm . . .
- What a house!
- See All Lots of art
- See All Amazing views and luxury accommodations
acemj's Related Pages
Asheville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unique city with the largest house in the USA!"
- "Amazing Asheville"
- "b1bob's edifying Asheville adventures"
- "asheville north carolina"
- "There is so much beauty in and around this place."
- "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out in Asheville!"
- "A Beautiful Mountain City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asheville
- Hotels in Asheville
- Transportation in Asheville
- Nightlife in Asheville
- Restaurants in Asheville
- Shopping in Asheville
- Warnings and Dangers in Asheville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Asheville
- 47 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 64 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Asheville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asheville
Photos in AshevilleSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos