"Two Harbors" Two Harbors by acemj

Two Harbors Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 60 photos

Two Harbors, Minnesota is a small town on the shore of the world's largest freshwater lake, Lake Superior. It has a long mining, fishing and logging history and is also known for its lighthouses, hiking and beautiful leaves in the fall.

If you're looking for a great day trip from the Twin Cities, I would suggest a drive (around 3 hours) up to Duluth and then heading up the scenic North Shore Drive through Two Harbors. You'll be treated to some great State Parks and beautiful views of the lake. Better yet, plan to spend a few days in the region to really breathe in the fresh air and have some time to see all of the natural beauty of the North Shore.

I was here most recently in late May of 2005 when I came up with my mom over Memorial Day weekend. It was great to get out of the city (I live in Philadelphia) and to just walk on the rocks by the lake and enjoy the clean air and gorgeous scenery.

• Last visit to Two Harbors: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2005

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Enjoyed reading about Two Harbors - until about a week ago I didn't know anything about this place. Thanks for a good overview. Greetings from Augusta, GA

• lablover47's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 12:38 PM

It depends on what you're looking for. No "Minneapolis experience" here! But lots of trails and beautiful scenery. A place to relax and just enjoy.

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2005 at 1:54 PM

We camped when we were here, it was a full moon over the Lake, was just beautiful but that B&B looks great.

• Polly74's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 4:29 AM

Very interesting tips....It loos like a very quiet place. :-)) Paola

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2005 at 7:02 AM

A great getaway.. that's just the most different lighthouse I have ever seen., what a great place to stay. The falls look wonderful. What a gorgeous area St Mark.

• gregoryr1m's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 9:00 PM

Great page on 2 Harbors, Mark. Did you get some jerky or smoked cheese from that meat market on the main highway? I love 2 Harbors, it is one of my favotire places to visit when in Duluth, MN. Did you take the self guided tour of the lighthouse?

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 4:46 PM

Great job! Beautiful lighthouses and landscapes (+ no shops haha) make me crazy to go there! Thanks for sharing.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 4:34 AM

Aspen..birch, not sure. But sure I'd love this area. It looks a bit like a cross between Maine and Ontario's cottage country. Ah, the places I'd rather be spending my summer. :S

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 4:05 PM

It looks like a nice area to visit! I like old industrial towns like this and stomping around some of their relics! Beautiful scenery too in the north country by rugged Lake Superior!

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 7:38 AM

Nice job on Two Harbors. Sometimes the off the beaten path towns like this aree better than the larger cities.

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Two Harbors

Have you been to Two Harbors?

Latest Activity in Two Harbors