Minneapolis Local Custom Tips by acemj
Minneapolis Local Customs: 32 reviews and 30 photos
In fact, it has its uses. Of course, you can entertain kids all day by making snowmen or starting snowball fights, but you can also chill the wine simply by placing it outside on the deck. This bottle was ready to serve in less than 20 minutes!
The newly renovated Walker Art Center
Minneapolis has a terrific arts scene. There are more theaters per capita here than in any other U.S. city outside of Manhattan. You'll also find a number of great music venues and art galleries. The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, the Weisman Art Museum and the Walker Art Center are all excellent places to spend a cold, snowy day enjoying some art.
This is why they play hockey so well in Minnesota!
Hockey is truly an obsession around here. The state high school hockey tournament always is a sellout and is televised on national TV. Some people think of Minnesota as Canada-South because of our love for the sport.
Not really a cultural tip, but . . .
Minneapolis has a thriving business climate. It is the home of many large corporations. You all know Pillsbury, right?
More Reviews (60)
- See All Light Rail
- See All Restaurant and bar/nightspot
- See All Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- See All A Pro Sports Town
- See All German style lagers . . .
- See All Downtown
acemj's Related Pages
Minneapolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of Waters"
- "A Terrific Town!"
- "Not Always The Great White North"
- "On Target in Minneapolis, Minnesota"
- "Minneapolis - City of Water"
- "Minneapolis, Minnesota"
- "The City of Lakes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minneapolis
- Hotels in Minneapolis
- Transportation in Minneapolis
- Nightlife in Minneapolis
- Restaurants in Minneapolis
- Shopping in Minneapolis
- Warnings and Dangers in Minneapolis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Minneapolis
- 64 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Minneapolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minneapolis
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Hair Salon near Center"
- updated a Minneapolis Travel Page "The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul"
- Wrote a Review Light Rail in Minneapolis Transportation
- Commented on one of spanishguy's Minneapolis travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
- Mall of America- 30 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Downtown- 34 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Seasonal Events- 12 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Nicollet Mall- 13 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Minnehaha Creek / Falls- 11 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Walker Art Center / Sculpture Garden- 18 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Other Art / Architecture / Musuems- 19 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Mills / Mill Ruins Park- 9 Reviews, 22 Photos
- ST.PAUL- 20 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Combined Suggestions- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Minneapolis Things to Do