Minneapolis Nightlife Tips by acemj
Minneapolis Nightlife: 97 reviews and 132 photos
After going to the Town Hall Brewery, my cousin Dan and I went to The Herkimer, a hip place in Uptown, which is an area just south of downtown that's packed with restaurants and bars. Their website claims that the place has a 1920s atmosphere, but it felt more upscale, trendy, urban to me.
I had a Daily Pils, obviously a pilsner style concoction that wasn't bad. We also had a big, delicious plate of sweet potato fries. Some of their other beers include Handy's Lager, Red Flyer Marzen, High Point Dunkel among many others. Check out their website for details.
Address: 2922 Lyndale Ave S.
Directions: Off of Lake St. in Uptown
Theme: Eating and Drinking
My cousin Dan and I decided to have a boys night out on the Friday after Thanksgiving and we ended up at the Town Hall. It's a great local microbrewery located in the cool Seven Corners (near the U of M in Minneapolis). We had a couple appetizers and ordered the beer sampler and were surprised to see that it came with 8 beers each! All this for 7 dollars! Not bad. Granted the beers are not large pints, but you have to do at least 4 or 5 arm curls to knock one back and after we finished we were feeling it. The sampler included a nice variety of brews and the food was good too.
The interior is interesting with a bar on one side and the restaurant on the other side of the kitchen. By 11pm, when we left, the bar side was packed with young people.
Address: 1430 Washington Ave. S.
Directions: Off I-35 just outside the loop
Phone: 612-339-TOWN (8696)
Theme: Eating and Drinking
First Avenue & 7th Street Entry (or just, 'Prince's club')
Yes, this is the club that Prince (or whatever his name is) made famous in the movie 'Purple Rain.' This is a legendary place that's been around for 30 years and it has the potential to draw all of the most famous names in the music business.
Directions: Corner of 1st Ave N. and 7th Street
Other Contact: Check out their very helpful web
Okay, all you Brits who might be in town visiting, here's the place for you to go get a decent pint and watch some Premiere League football. NOT a quiet spot, but always crowded with interesting people.
Directions: 1110 Nicollet Ave
A French bistro style restaurant/bar/jazz club. A good place to relax with some friends.
Directions: 65 Main St. SE
Other Contact: www.sophia-mpls.com
A very casual place to go hangout with locals, college students and whoever else may stop by. The food is good and cheap and there's live music and a full bar.
Directions: 412 1/2 14th Ave. SE in Dinkytown (University of Minnesota, Minneapolis campus area)
Other Contact: www.dinkytowner.com
More Reviews (58)
- See All Light Rail
- See All Restaurant and bar/nightspot
- See All Arts abound
- See All Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- See All A Pro Sports Town
- See All Downtown
acemj's Related Pages
Minneapolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of Waters"
- "A Terrific Town!"
- "Not Always The Great White North"
- "On Target in Minneapolis, Minnesota"
- "Minneapolis - City of Water"
- "Minneapolis, Minnesota"
- "The City of Lakes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minneapolis
- Hotels in Minneapolis
- Transportation in Minneapolis
- Nightlife in Minneapolis
- Restaurants in Minneapolis
- Shopping in Minneapolis
- Warnings and Dangers in Minneapolis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Minneapolis
- 64 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Minneapolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minneapolis
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Hair Salon near Center"
- updated a Minneapolis Travel Page "The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul"
- Wrote a Review Light Rail in Minneapolis Transportation
- Commented on one of spanishguy's Minneapolis travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
- Mall of America- 30 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Downtown- 34 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Minnehaha Creek / Falls- 11 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Walker Art Center / Sculpture Garden- 18 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Nicollet Mall- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Other Art / Architecture / Musuems- 19 Reviews, 52 Photos
- ST.PAUL- 20 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts- 8 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Seasonal Events- 11 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Minnesota Zoo- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Minneapolis Things to Do